67 Dart Door/Quarter Panels

-

dave273dart

Reaction score
My old Panels had two chrome strips on each panel, which are still in really good shape. The new panels I got from Legendary have no holes for the chrome strips. I marked the holes on the new panels-so my question is-does anyone know of a tool to press or cut out holes in the fiberboard. Can't use a drill because it will tear up the board and rip the upholstery. I don't want to take it to anyone as I dont trust them in doing it. Once I get through the board the rest is all down hill. Has anyone ever attemped this? I have considered a piece of 1/8" diam tubing and sharpening the outside. I have used this method before to make my own seals before they became available. Any suggestions. Thanks

Dave

You can use a leather punch. Any good craft store or leather supply store will have one.

Thanks

Our daughter and son-in-law live in Overland Park, They use to live in Librerty Mo.

Nice country you both live in. When realestate picks up we are considering moving to Mo or Ks to be closer to our kids and grandkids. Like both areas alot.

Anyway, good idea. I used a 1/8' steel tube and experminted on one of my old panels. I put one end in a drill and drilled slowly and got a nice clean hole. But I think that the leather punch will work much better. I will give it a try.

Dave

-
Back