67 dart stroker hellcat gen3 hemi with twin turbos...

-

turbofreek

batcrap crazy racing team
Reaction score
well i signed up here for some insight to the mopar comunity. ive dreamed of owning a 67-69 dart since i was an early teenager 12-13yrs old. i have always wanted a hemi dart, but one that sat in the weeds and would just scare people away with its awesome power.

since im all growed up now, its damn expensive to get that kind of dream to be a reality. so ive been looking for the right car since last july to start with. i was after a car nobody could say they raced or competed in. so i of course could not buy a allready done v8 car or even a nice driver. i started with as rust free as i could find body 67 post car from a member on here a few weeks ago. many said it was a rust bucket, but it only needs floor panels and lower quarter patches. well i was planning on cutting most of it out anyways. so it made out just fine for me.

so ive got the car and have started cutting it up. first i got some of the floor cut out, but not all, cuz im going to do each panel individually so not to stress the body while removing the floorings structure. also started on a full minitub of the car. not just stretching the wells, but removing them. then putting in place aluminum tubs for extra ride height room for that lower look im after.

im in line for a 25.5 or better cage, but thats a few months out due to racing season kicking off and im in no hurry this second to get it done. allready got a dana60 lined up, hoping it will fit with suspension coming with it. i may stay with leafs moved inwards if i cant use ladder bars in classes im interested in?

so your still wanting to know about the engine and turbo are you? good so am i.

ive been trying to get a 54 or later no bell 331, 354, or 392 hemi used in street rods. ive seen them for really cheap prices. however every time i go to look or buy one it seems the price goes up once theres an interested buyer. if you can help get me one in the kansas city area let me know. why this engine series you ask? blocks are indistructable and plentiful and have that hemi look and sound im after.

then there is the turbocharger. 106mm precision turbo and engine unit, capable of 2500+hp worth of air flow. its a monster and it may scare the **** out of me, but whats the point of hotroding if you cant scare yourself once in a while? im not scared im pumped about this go around for me. im tired of bracket racing and super gas classes. so this is a new swing for me and i cant wait.

so heres the car. it was forsale on here a while back. i bought it and intend to keep it for a long time. not many post cars ive seen, but i like it since it reminds me of my other favorite car the 66 chevy2 like my fathers race car.

IMG00031-20090322-1830.jpg

IMG00003-20090307-2147.jpg

IMG00002-20090307-1547.jpg

side view of the car. not many outside pics of the car as its been in the garage since ive had it. all ive done is started cutting on it and fixxing the trunk area that had tagged a pole or tree for the bumper to be mounted back on it. i didnt see this until after i bought the car, but it came out and straitend up with a proper placement of my size 14 foot. trunk closes and latches now even though its all bent to ****. its being replaced with a glass one asap.

IMG00001-20090307-1547.jpg

IMG00006-20090307-2149.jpg

its gonna be cool!
thank you sir, got most of the tub out. and the floor. measuring up sheet metal and looking for floor panels to install in it. anyone know where to get them in kc area?

lots of room in that wheel well now.:cheers:

IMG00039-20090329-2028.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm postcar, looks good so far.nice job, keep it up.

well after much debate and haggle on mopar stuff. i really wanted a hemi, but not getting ripped off because it is a hemi. so i made a change of plans. i went foreign on my power plant and desided to put an lsx in my car. just got it back from getting motor plates in it for the engine. heres about where the engine sit in it.
IMG00190-20091016-1459.jpg

Thats a nice motor...should make some steam! At least you have a mopar body..and one you've always wanted...thats the best thing about it!

I've seen a lot of stuff on this site but this is the first time I have seen someone feature a Blowtie engine in his car and another guy compliment him on his engine choice. HELLO!!!! This is a Mopar site!! If you want a Nova, get one and take it to a Chevy site. :angry7::angry7:

I've seen a lot of stuff on this site but this is the first time I have seen someone feature a Blowtie engine in his car and another guy compliment him on his engine choice. HELLO!!!! This is a Mopar site!! If you want a Nova, get one and take it to a Chevy site. :angry7::angry7:

Actually its an A-body Site. Nobody will know the diff. when its haulin down the strip!

Actually its an A-body Site. Nobody will know the diff. when its haulin down the strip!

Yeah, A body MOPARS. How many Shovels, Goats, Gutlesses, etc. have you seen here? What pisses me off is the total lack of respect for MaMopar shown here. When funnycarfarmer did his build of a Dart Gasser, he told us our sister was working in a brothel, but he had enough respect not to force us to watch her work.

Yeah, A body MOPARS. How many Shovels, Goats, Gutlesses, etc. have you seen here? What pisses me off is the total lack of respect for MaMopar shown here. When funnycarfarmer did his build of a Dart Gasser, he told us our sister was working in a brothel, but he had enough respect not to force us to watch her work.

=D>

I couldn't agree more. It's one thing to put a Chebby motor in your car, but don't post pictures of it, as if it's something to be celebrated!!

power is power to me. since mamopar is killing dodge next year it dont matter. i wanted a mopar, i did i swear it. i even bought a bbm to use, but it just wasnt in the cards to run it. for one im not spending 12-14k for a short bock just to use a mopar. i know im going to hurt what ever engine i use, so its only logical not to waste an extra 20 grand so its mopar powered. now if prices came down to sanity levels it would be done. since so many will pay ignorant prices for the name i wont be running it for names sake. i cant wait to be at the mopar nationals next year with this thing.:bootysha:

=D>

I couldn't agree more. It's one thing to put a Chebby motor in your car, but don't post pictures of it, as if it's something to be celebrated!!
oh im celibrating alright. i just save a bunch of money by not switching to mopar.

nice nova!! your not going to get many complements on FABO with that engine in there. if you dont know, mopar guys have more brand devotion than gm and ford guys.
good luck on your build.
and i find that hysterical for some reason. if it was a nova it would have bolted in. brand loyalty is ridiculous. this is why your parts are so stupid expensive. they feed of your arrogance to pay for the name. im glad you like getting ripped off on parts, cuzi sure the hell dont.

Personally I love the LS motors. They make really great power and are reasonably priced. Don't let all the crap get to you. Some people including myself always want to see loyalty. I would have like to scene a little more creativity by using a late model HEMI with twins and show the Mopar world how it's done. Cost being what it is I'll bet the money is not that different. If you made this a SEMA car for next year you could have had comp'd a lot of product for the build. Most SEMA cars are built way below cost.
When all is said and done you have a very cool car.

and i find that hysterical for some reason. if it was a nova it would have bolted in. brand loyalty is ridiculous. this is why your parts are so stupid expensive. they feed of your arrogance to pay for the name. im glad you like getting ripped off on parts, cuzi sure the hell dont.

good luck on your build. its ok to be scared to go fast so i can see why your chose that engine combo. sounds like money is a issue for you too, might be time to switch back to GM since they are alot cheaper to run and build and leave the mopars to guys who can afford them.

good luck on your build. its ok to be scared to go fast so i can see why your chose that engine combo. sounds like money is a issue for you too, might be time to switch back to GM since they are alot cheaper to run and build and leave the mopars to guys who can afford them.
money is not an issue, but my conscious knowledge of pricing differences makes me puke. why is it that the same amount and type of material is 70% more for a mopar? cuz morons like yourself will spend it by the truck load. i didnt choose the lsx based off of cost alone. i chose it, cuz i know im going to blow the motor up. now going into just that. why would i spend 25k on a hemi that i know im going to blow up? when i can spend 7k on an lsx and blow it up 3 times and still not touch the single hemi's cost. i would have done a new gen hemi, but there is no aftermarket head with thick deck surfaces to handle the abuse of such high cylinder pressures. when they come out im sure ill be switching back over to mopar, but only if im not having fun with the lsx engine. my options for racing sanctioning bodys also opens up greatly as the hemi is not allow in many classes but the top of the top classes i dont want to run.

so your comment is kinda uneducated and pointless to me. only your upset about brand loyalty, but wont do anything, but pick parts out of the mopar catalog i bet. well why you do that. focus on my tail lights, cuz you will never see anything but that superstar mopar fanatic.:bootysha:

teeheeeheee good for you. your my new hero, i will keep a eye on your build and can't wait to see how fast it is.

turbofreek

turbohemidart

Re: 67 dart, 440, pt106 turbo build.
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 12:55:37 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
its amazing what 4 months of no luck can do for a build.
had the car on a fram machine and gotten that straitened out a few weeks ago.
so,
im not running a hemi as of now. got a nice thick saddle mained 76 440(4006630) block to start with today. going to look for some of those truck manifolds(hint hint) for it to flip around and connect to the turbo. im no longer such a prick to mopars guys anymore(sorry for that a while back). i realized it just takes a different outlook looking inwards to a new community. hope you guys can forgive a guy for being an asshole?

i debated long and hard about putting a chevy in this thing, but just could not swallow being like everyone else running a damn lsx engine out there. so i went with what i feel sounded the best to me. my first ever ride in a race car was a 440 powered duster called grandpas toy. scared the hell out of me, but i loved the sound of it. so if ive got to hear mine run it might aswell have that rumble to it right?

Flip Flop Flip Flop
As posted on another forum
Just having a little fun T-freak, good luck with your "like everyone else" build:-D:toothy10::-D

-
Back