67 Fastback interior rear pass trim vent?

-

GRANCUDA

Reaction score
Do all Barracuda Fastbacks have the vent hole in the trim on the passenger side like what maybe a defroster would blow thru?

33026443730_93d63c7d64_z_d.jpg

Don't know how well they work. None of my 4 different 68-69 fastbacks had the defroster but all had the opening. This was on ebay for a long time and finally sold.

s-l500.jpg

Ah, I love this place! Ask and someone on here has the right! Answer. All you youngans have no idea what this would be like to get this info BEFORE the wonderful world of internet!

With the fastback design, I can't imagine seeing much anyway. I test drove a 1971 Mach1 mustang when they they were new, I remember thinking the rear view mirror was useless! Same with my 67 Super gas FB Barracuda and my 68.

With the fastback design, I can't imagine seeing much anyway. I test drove a 1971 Mach1 mustang when they they were new, I remember thinking the rear view mirror was useless! Same with my 67 Super gas FB Barracuda and my 68.

I don't have much trouble seeing through the back window...

Well let me ask the Barracuda, 67-69,owners in the know.What are the two vents on the lower rear of both doors for? And why did the other A-bodies not have these vents?

Those vents in the lower door are to vent the cabin pressure created when closing the doors when the windows are up

I thought that. Is that because of the large back glass and this is why other A bodies didn't have them?

All the 67-68 barracudas had them, not just the fastbacks. I read somewhere in an old magazine ad something about the barracuda having better ventilation than the other a-bodies. They had a pic of the door vent or something.

My 67 fb has the factory rear defrost option. It works lousy. Funny thing it was originally a cali car. I can't imagine needing it there.

Well let me ask the Barracuda, 67-69,owners in the know.What are the two vents on the lower rear of both doors for? And why did the other A-bodies not have these vents?

Those are for the exhausters. If you open the doors and see the rubber flaps on them, those are the exhausters. They let the excess air pressure out of the inside cabin so the blower motor doesn't get "backed-up" with pressure... If you keep pumping air in and not let any out, eventually it will get full... You have to keep letting air out so you can keep pumping it in with the blower...

There are exhausters on every car made, some are hidden better than others...

Those vents in the lower door are to vent the cabin pressure created when closing the doors when the windows are up

Exactly...

They are likely on the front of the door in the jamb area. Usually a 2"x3" rubber flap

-
Back