67 valiant

-

Cerwin

Reaction score
hi everyone, Names Jeff, not really new to the site. Im a random surfer.. met a nice fella while back who introduced the site to me and got hooked since then, well basics are i have a 67 valiant 4dr 225 auto 7 1/4 rear...
tomorrow it will have a 318 727 auto with 8 1/4 posi
bought myself some 16 inch american racing 'Hopster' rims on 225/50R16
cranked down the torsions to get a more appealing look as im young and like that sort of thing. hope to meet some good people and learn lots.. im a learning kind guy and i love my car. to death..

I live in VIctoria Bc and im in the sales business.

talk to you later fellow mopars.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, Glad you could make it. :thumblef: These guys are a great bunch and very helpful. Remember, no question is a bad one. Most know a lot and will point you in the right direction. Talk a little later :salut:

DSCF0016 (Small).JPG

70 Duster.jpg

Hello and welcome Young man Jeff, You are at the right place to learn more about how to race an A body.I wish there was an A body site Like this one a few years back, And then I would have shaved seconds of my time. Injoy!! 1/8 mile runner from Arkansas.Mike :sad2: :thumblef:

found a picture of my car adn one of my rims
but it says they are 600 mgs too big how do i make them work??

Well everyone, finally bought myself a motor.. block number 4006830
those unaware, its a 76-80 360, seller is throwing in a 727... 300 bucks..
im completely exstatic about this purchase and i hope everything works out great. going to put into my 67 4door valiant until i find that right 2door.. which i might have found aswell. if there were words to express how excited i am at this moment i think it would be something along the lines of "fasdjkdgldsgjasdlk" mainly cause there are no words.
id like to thank 69signetv8 'Jim' for your help. im sure ill talk to you in a few hours. And do you kow where i might find the specs for the motor? FABO and the lists i have only go up to 74.

Now as for the rest of you. i need ideas. on an intake... im going for the piece by piece upgrade. thanks for all your help.

Cerwin

Good job there Jeff. :thumblef: The 360 that I have in mine is a 78 vintage from a poice Volare pursuit car. If memory serves me correctly, they came from the factory with a 245 flywheel HP rating. The intake manifold you select will depend to a large extent on your rear gears and vehicle weigth. That car should run ~ 3000 lbs, and if you're running somewhere between 2.9 and 3.2 gears, you'd probably want to go to either a Performer, a Holley Street Dominator, or maybe even an RPM. If you can find a good used Edelbrock LD340 intake, grab it and put it on there. That's what I'm running on mine and it's a great street machine manifold. Come to think of it, I had a guy offer me a Holley Street Dominator manifold a couple of weeks ago, so if you're interested, let me know and I'll be talking to him again on Monday. We didn't discuss price because I don't need any more spare parts lying around right now, but if you're interested I can probably score it for around $100.00 CDN. That seems to be about the going price around here for that type of manifold, then all you'd have to do is pay the shipping from Alberta to BC. Let me know. :salut:

sounds good let me know how much he wants and ill get back to you on weither or not i would like it.. id like to do some researching on the topic of this 360 as i know what im giong to run now, and i can figure out what im going to do, but thanks old fart.. i mean oldvart.. :notworth:

Jeff, I tried to respond to your PM but kept getting an invalid user name when I attempted to submit reply. So, if you look at my Car Domain account under my name at the end of this post, there is at least one photo of the engine there. I'll dig through my photos tomorrow and see if I can find some more. Also, I'll check on that Holley manifold for you.

OldVart said:
Jeff, I tried to respond to your PM but kept getting an invalid user name when I attempted to submit reply. So, if you look at my Car Domain account under my name at the end of this post, there is at least one photo of the engine there. I'll dig through my photos tomorrow and see if I can find some more. Also, I'll check on that Holley manifold for you.

Your a good man Sid....just like my father was...always trying to take care of the boys :thumblef: :drinkers:

Cirwin, I have not heard so much energy in a car in along time :thumblef: ,{oldvart!I could not spell inthuseeasum} Cirwin injoy that ride and keep us posted,
I think I am going to move to canada. :drinkers: :drinkers:

I will no worries on that. and i appreciate the 'enthusiasm' but the battle has just started ... instead of my 4door sleeper i have the option of a 2door post rocket... a few minor issues have came about and many of them will take time to work out. one being money, and the second actually getting the car to me.. but oh well. ill see if i can work a deal.

Oldvart, thats gunna be one hell-ova car. and thats a nice engine. do you personally have any suggestions on a intake? carb? exhaust?

-
Back