68 Bench seat in 64 Dart

-

Slantsix64

Reaction score
hey guys i got a clean 68 bench seat and wanna put it in my 64, would if work if i use early Abody 4 door seat tracks on the 68 bench?

Can you provide a picture of the 68 bench? And which sub-model of the 64 do you have? Is it a front or back seat bench that you're installing?

The rear seat likely has a slightly different profile from 68 to 64, so any info and pictures help

Measure it. It probably won't fit. The 67 and newer cars were wider than the early cars were.

Measure it. It probably won't fit. The 67 and newer cars were wider than the early cars were.
My buddy was telling me it will and actually reclines farther back? Lol just wanted to triple check, but ya I'm pretty sure if I had seat belts I might run into an issue but will measure and check.

My buddy was telling me it will and actually reclines farther back? Lol just wanted to triple check, but ya I'm pretty sure if I had seat belts I might run into an issue but will measure and check.
The 64 has factory mounting holes in the drive train tunnel and below the b pillar for lap belts. I doubt a 68 bench seat will mount so far back as to block those holes.

-
Back