68 Cuda 600 HP radiator ?

-

DonnieLawson

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
I found this radiator on Ebag , What do you guys think about this radiator

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ALUM...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I have a 68 Cuda , 505 cubed 440 block , 600 Hp , give or take :)
Will this fit with a few mods , and has anyone have any knowledge of the brand ?
Part Brand:Champion Cooling
Manufacturer Part Number:CC375

All Aluminum Radiator
For 1967 - 1973 Barracuda
3 Row Core - will cool 850hp

Thanks , Donnie

Not unless you cut your rad support. 67-72 cars had openings for 22" rads.

The radiator doesn't look bad, similar to one I bought for my 68 Cuda but this one is much less...

I purchased mine on ebay from entropytec and it is a work of art! It has dual fans mounted on a VERY well built shroud and the overall quality was pleasing. it has dual fans on it and they sell a prebuilt wiring/relay kit for it that made it not only brainless, but painless to wire up an electric cooling solution. They sold me one that FIT in my 68 barracuda with the only mods being slightly different mounting holes drilled for the lower mounts and a slight trim of bottom of psgr side mount on the radiator to let it sit where I wanted it. I really need to post pics of my setup now since I have the Moroso aluminum electric water pump and this radiator, it is very slick to look at and so far is keeping my peppy 360 cool. The hot oklahoma summer will tell how well it works but I have high expectations based on the quality. not cheap but I am thrilled with the package.

Only issue you need to be careful with (with any radiator) is core depth... If the 440 comes too far forward, you may not be able to get your fan in. I had to switch from my CSR electric water pump to the moroso because I ran into clearance issues with this radiator and the water pump motor/radiator fans. The Moroso pump was .68" shorter and made the combo work.

Check out the link I bought from if interested...

...cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350170414151

Looks like a nice unit . They dont have any mopar radiators on the site right now ....
What size did you get and can you post the pics or email them to me
I don't mind doing some cutting to keep the beast cool :)
Donnie

-
Back