68 Dart GT Slant 6 Not Mine

-

bmossin

Reaction score
Hey all,

New to the forum...found on Columbus Craigslist.

What is a reasonable offer?http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/4290408862.html

00Q0Q_3VPCSZwOyb2_600x450.jpg

If you don't mind dealing with all the rust issues it looks like a complete starting point.Find out about frame, floors, trunk rust.Front inner fenders look ok in the picture. My "Guess", $800 to $1200 if I were buying. He may want alot more.

$600 would be my top dollar-- the underside would have to have no issues, that car probably has no floors, frame rail rot & the like-- says it runs /drives but how safe is it?

just inspect it carefully & add /reduce offer based on the rust. Lawrence

I paid $750 for mine 4 years ago and felt like I got a good deal. Mine is a 273 V8 with console shift, AC, PS, and manual brakes. No rust except for a small spot behind right wheel. Did have numerous dents. Was sitting under a tree for 15 years.

That one has incorrect steering wheel, mirrors, no fender signals, and no console, I thought all GT's were console shift cars????

The trunk finish panel and seats/medallions are worth $$$$ alone. That car looks like it's got a lot of rust, I personally wouldn't go over $1000.

Attachments

• rsz_img_0003.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 206
  • rsz_img_0007.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 200
  • rsz_img_0005.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 195
If you don't mind dealing with all the rust issues it looks like a complete starting point.Find out about frame, floors, trunk rust.Front inner fenders look ok in the picture. My "Guess", $800 to $1200 if I were buying. He may want alot more.

YUp, gut rot..

But around me in NY that car would turn about 2500, 4500 with a V8.

Problem is it's worth about 16k when it's done depending on how it's done. YOu'll have 25k + in it.

I'd say 8-1200 is fair. but man the rot looks real bad.

thanks for all the input.

Trying to find something to wrench on and cruise. If i brought this home the wife might kill me...she would not understand me taking over the garage for something that needs that much work, if it was something that needed work, but we could still roll around itn, that a different story.

Loving the forum!!
Ben

I tell my wife that working on old cars keeps me out of bars and chasing wild women ! She knows where I'm at......out in the garage.

I wouldn't even make an offer but if I did it would be under $1000.

By the sound of the guy in the ad, he's going to be looking to get $3k or so. Yeah Mopars can be expensive but rotted out slant six cars aren't worth much.

**** I'd say $1 like he has on the ad lol
That car though is only about a $750 car

that is a "rescue" car.

it will cost $1000's to repair the rust. quarter panels + floor board you are close to $3000 already....

if you really want one you can get them from dartbodies, 7 or 8K body already done up

otherwise wait around here and a deal will pop up

-
Back