68 on feebay

-
Oh yeah 14,15k for sure some pics undercarriage, nice overspray from the repaint on the spare tire well

5F86C087-6921-443E-86E9-9D403FB813D1.jpeg

904FE29A-1DF0-4999-9776-A05EF16F26D1.jpeg

A3A1B34B-A2BE-4398-9BA8-BEEB8DC53EB1.jpeg

It might not even be an orig 4 spd console car. I didnt decode the fendertag.
Ask for engine CID pics.
It's nice but might be had for wayyy less.
And it's not an S.

Hideously overpriced. Not an original 340 car. Not an original 4 speed. SO much not right. Yet, you keep coming back when people try to warn you. GO buy it. I hope you don't regret it.

It might not even be an orig 4 spd console car. I didnt decode the fendertag.
Ask for engine CID pics.
It's nice but might be had for wayyy less.
And it's not an S.

It's not. It's an original 318 auto car.

yeah it’s total junk I better run!!!

Last edited:
yeah it’s total junk I better run!!!

I don't think anybody came close to saying that. Here's your DIRECT quoted question:

"what is you guys take on this car?"

You're getting EXACTLY what you asked for, and you wanna be a smartass? We're simply trying really hard to tell you not to let your excitement get the best of you by overlooking something. There is a LOT of experience here. You COULD act a little more appreciative instead of smartass.

Accept the fact it’s not a 340 car, it’s not a formula S, it’s not even a factory 4 speed car. It does have some good parts there. The true final worth of the car is the condition of the body. How much rust and if the unibody is straight. If all this checks out, I would put a value of 8-10K. IMO

Last edited:
Accept the fact it’s not a 340 car, it’s not a formula S, it’s not even a factory 4 speed car. It does have some good parts there. The thru final worth of the car is the condition of the body. How much rust and if the unibody is straight. If all this checks out, I would put a value of 8-10K. IMO

That's probably fair IF the body is good like you say......but I don't think the seller will ever agree to that, especially since he has a BIN so high.

That's probably fair IF the body is good like you say......but I don't think the seller will ever agree to that, especially since he has a BIN so high.
Your right. And you never know, some midlife crisis may see that and jump on that BIN price.

If it is about a 10 footer, good mechanically and no other major issues, & I really wanted a notch, it might be worth $12k, just an opinion.

The market for notch cars is small, but there are also not a lot for sale in nice condition at a reasonable price. I would wait him out. Heading into winter is probably in your favor.

Or leave him your phone number with your best offer. That has worked for me several times in the past. If not, you will find another.

image.jpg
Yeah right, mid life crises every other month! Ok I get not everyone likes the price. Thanks for the feedback and I do appreciate it if I don’t show it very well.
The fact is I should have made clear that I was not looking for a 340 car or 4 speed car or formula s.
I was just looking for a car that had a 340 and a 4 speed in a notchback.
I doubt very much the guy will take anything less than 14k but hey it’s my money. Atleast I will have the drive train I want and the look.
I know I’m not gonna find the same car I found back in 85 a real formula s with a 340 and a 4 speed for $1500. Yes $1500. Is what I paid for mine back then.
All it needed was a new set of headers and paint. Here’s a pic

Last edited:
What the guy will do is want 14k and then if it doesn’t sell it’ll keep going lower and getting re-listed. I think it’s a cool car prob fun AF to drive I love 4 speeds, I’m not one for re-sale value or matching numbers.

On the left front of the block right below there the head mounts on the block. Or in the casting number on the drivers side of the block. Last 3 numbers before the - is engine size.

For comparison, Just saw a really nice 69 fastback on Facebook for $12.5k. 318 auto.

-
Back