68 Twin Turbo Dart

-
This weekend I will be heading out to Fontana to get my license and do some low boost testing. Here are some pictures of the car as it is now.

B74FE4D4-56F3-483C-BA5F-5163AF57B37D_zpslvewmwpy.png

B6710E23-37AB-4AC3-98A2-629E0013B2BD_zpsyosllfjs.jpg

IMG_0526_zpsj6oyqxns.jpg

IMG_1135_zpsehoseerz.jpg

Hmmm, I spy a passenger seat ;) Good luck buddy.

Beautiful car, awesome work, nice to know another twin turbo dart is close by. Wish I had half your fab skills, just went through your whole build, just jaw dropping.

Last edited:
Beautiful car, awesome work, nice to know another twin turbo dart is close by. Wish I had half your fab skills, just went through your whole build, just jaw dropping.

Thank you! Its cool to know that Maddarts car will get properly finished. I know Ill see you around somewhere but keep in touch and maybe we can get the darts together someday.

Amazing job!

Thank you! I love your little sleeper!

Thank you! Its cool to know that Maddarts car will get properly finished. I know Ill see you around somewhere but keep in touch and maybe we can get the darts together someday.

Thank you! I love your little sleeper!

For sure I'll keep in touch, and yeah we can go get some runs in at Fontana. Be an awesome site watching both twin turbo darts going down the track.

Yeah I got it out of the mail and looked, thought I know that engine bay lol, cool write up too and some good pictures.

15528319607274051078534953110459.jpg

15528321447004420652923055989169.jpg

Yeah I got it out of the mail and looked, thought I know that engine bay lol, cool write up too and some good pictures.

We went to irwindale last night. What night. Lots of ups and on large down but it ended on a high note. Long story short. The converter is too loose so after 2 15 psi launches and one failed attempt at a half track pass we lowered the boost and made 2 full passes. The good:

1.I was able to get my license
2.It did a couple of big wheelies
3.It ran perfect didn’t even pull out the tool box
4. It drove back into the trailer 100% no breakage
5. We had fun

The bad:
1. Trans needs to come out again
2. It only ran 6.30 at 111 on 9 psi an a 3 psi launch

Congrats on the license, and bummer about the converter. 6.30 not to bad, at least you now have a good idea on what the car is doing.

True but your still dialing it all in, so they cant say to much, bet their first run out after a build they ran the same or maybe slower. Your run will be faster then my first once I'm up and running lol going to scare the crap out me first time lol

Last edited:
That thing is slow LOL Now that's out of the way congrats on getting licensed.

-
Back