68 Twin Turbo Dart

-
Where's the drool face lol its a good block, can't wait to push the limits of mine. Did you get the list of things to check on them? These newer blocks are machined a lot better then even my block.

Where's the drool face lol its a good block, can't wait to push the limits of mine. Did you get the list of things to check on them? These newer blocks are machined a lot better then even my block.
No I haven’t. I just talked to Brian about it. I might send it out to get a mild diet before it comes home. This will be a clean sheet no compromise motor that will suit my needs exactly how i want it.

No I haven’t. I just talked to Brian about it. I might send it out to get a mild diet before it comes home. This will be a clean sheet no compromise motor that will suit my needs exactly how i want it.

iron or aluminum?

One pic looks iron, other look brighter

iron or aluminum?

One pic looks iron, other look brighter
Its an iron one. I grabbed those pics off the web. I wanted to do aluminum but the cost was almost double by the time your buy sleeves and machine it plus everyone cringed when i said i want 2k horsepower out of it. Apparently someone out there is making 1400 with aluminum.

That ritter block is what I need to be able to turn my boost up. I think I could make 1,000 HP with my current parts but too chicken to turn the boost up on the stock block. Maybe after drag week this year I'll go ahead and install the 8.50 certified cage and start working towards going faster. What transmission you running?

That ritter block is what I need to be able to turn my boost up. I think I could make 1,000 HP with my current parts but too chicken to turn the boost up on the stock block. Maybe after drag week this year I'll go ahead and install the 8.50 certified cage and start working towards going faster. What transmission you running?

Sounds like a good plan. The only problem i see making that kind of horsepower is the amount of force the blower exerts on the crank snout. I am nervous at my power level and thats why i pulled the trigger on the ritter. I run a 727 torqueflite. It was built by protrans.

Sounds like a good plan. The only problem i see making that kind of horsepower is the amount of force the blower exerts on the crank snout. I am nervous at my power level and thats why i pulled the trigger on the ritter. I run a 727 torqueflite. It was built by protrans.
Yeah crank snout was also a thought of mine. We'll see, it doesn't take me long to blow stuff up so I'm sure engine and trans will come out at some point. I might switch to a power glide when this 904 goes.

Why Powerglide? No one uses those anymore.
I'm tired of breaking torqueflites and got a guy close to me that can build a bullet proof glide. I've been through 3 904s and a 727. All had good parts. Currently a Cope built 904 that has lasted the longest but starting to give me trouble.

I'm tired of breaking torqueflites and got a guy close to me that can build a bullet proof glide. I've been through 3 904s and a 727. All had good parts. Currently a Cope built 904 that has lasted the longest but starting to give me trouble.
I hear ya. I had a 904 in my nitrous car for 5 years and 1,000 passes. Never had one issue with it. Then i have a 727 in the turbo car and its pretty damn good except one problem. Your car will go slower with a glide and it will wear out quick on the street. Protrans is who does all my flites. They kick *** and are affordable. They are in Texas now which is closer to you.

-
Back