68Dart Z Bar?

-

ronw

Reaction score
Putting together the 4-speed in the car but have Two(2) bellcranks. They are different! How can I fine out which is the correct one for my Dart? Thanks Ron

What engine do you have?
What bell housing do you have?

How about maybe posting a pic or two.

What engine do you have?
What bell housing do you have?

How about maybe posting a pic or two.
The eng is small block, stock bellhousing and 833 4-speed. The difference that I can see is the inboard side closest to the block that the clutch adj. rod is connected to is at least 8 deg's more toward the rear. I had this on the car and the problem was that it left the clutch pedal go over center and stick to the floor with a 3/4" free play adjusted.

I've had that issue. You need to adjust it out more, Do you have pics of your Z-bar and rod from the throw out arm to the Z, just need to verify that things look right? A body adjusting rod is longer than B body.

I've had that issue. You need to adjust it out more, Do you have pics of your Z-bar and rod from the throw out arm to the Z, just need to verify that things look right? A body adjusting rod is longer than B body.
I have two Adj. rods and one is longer than the other.Ron

Yes. I had the B body one at first, this is how I found out when I had issues.

Yes. I had the B body one at first, this is how I found out when I had issues.
It also looks like we will have to re-clock the arm that the push rod attaches to. We're comparing my sons set up off his GTS- 340-4speed. This all started with switching a 68 Valiant 6Cyc Atuo to a 340 4-speed. It's going well to this point. First hick-up in the road. Ron

What are you using for exhaust? Doug's and TTI require a modified Z-bar
The exhaust is Hooker headers. There is no interference problems. This change over is done with all spare parts just hanging around the garage not being used. This Valiant is using a B body inland shifter, kinda tall but looks great, sort of Rat Fink of old!

-
Back