69 Barracuda body gaps

-

Mopar4ever

Reaction score
Just finishing fitting panels, etc and was wondering if someone can help with a question. Does the gap between the top of the fender and the cowl look right in these pictures? It seems larger than I remember before we took the car apart and for all the pictures we took beforehand I don't have a clear one of this.

Also, the gap between the back of the fender and the rocker below the door- anyone know how wide this should be?

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• IMGP0100 (640x360).jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMGP0101 (640x347).jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 105
That looks right. The factory gaps in that area were 100% total crap when compared to todays gaps.

Notice that the shape of the top of the door (making the door side of the gap) is also different side to side. That's also normal.

Gap between the fender and rocker can be all over the place and still be within factory specs.

Fender to rocker gap on my 68 Barracuda:
Left side = 1/8"
Right side = 3/16"

Fender to rocker gap on my wife's 73 Dart:
Left side = 1/4"
Right side = 3/16"

The ONLY way to get perfect gaps on these cars is to add or remove metal.

Thanks- I appreciate the help. I know my friend has already added material to door edges and some other other areas trying to improve gaps, but we weren't sure about these since they are so large. He's going to do the same with these also- I'll post pictures of the finished product.

Thanks again,

Mark

-
Back