69 barracuda front and back winshild trim

-

crugone

Reaction score
dear gents would like to know if someone have an idea where to get the trrim for the front and rear windshilds for my 69 barracuda ???? many thanks for your ideas. crugone

The front window reveal molding can come from any A-body 68 thru 76 excluding Duster, Demon, Bart Sport.
. The rear window reveal moldings are 68/69 Barracuda notchback or fastback only. Hope this helps

Man I can't believe I was lucky enough to find the front and rear stainless for my fastback for $120! There was a guy on here not long ago selling just the rear fastback stainless for $350! And one of the pieces had a hole in it!

Good luck man! Ill be on the look out for ya. Cosgig(Geof) might still have the front.

dear gents would like to know if someone have an idea where to get the trrim for the front and rear windshilds for my 69 barracuda ???? many thanks for your ideas. crugone

Welcome to FABO! I may have a spare set but it is for a fastback. Is Huntsville, AL close to you?

I'm not one of the gents but I've got the rear trim pieces for a '68 Fastback. Not perfect -- needs 3 screw holes repaired (no, I didn't do it) -- but it was on my car for ohhhhhhhhh about 18 years. In that whole time not a single person pointed and laughed. :-D

hey mullinax. that guy was me and it just sold on ebay last night for 372.00. hole and all. you got a great deal on yours. try to find another set.mike.

You got $375 for the rear trim with a hole? Kaching is all I can think about the extra parts I will have when my fish gets done. Yes, I will have a coomplete set I think.

hey mullinax. that guy was me and it just sold on ebay last night for 372.00. hole and all. you got a great deal on yours. try to find another set.mike.

You got $375 for the rear trim with a hole? Kaching is all I can think about the extra parts I will have when my fish gets done. Yes, I will have a coomplete set I think.

I don't know what the deal is here lately but talking to some folks at the shop (chevy, mopar, ford guys) all stainless trim has sky rocketed in price! The parts are getting more scarce but good grief!

I still have the front if you need it. $100.00 and shipping. Check my ad if you'd like a description and pics. Geof

Everybody should get a good deal once in a while, buyers and sellers alike.

In my opinion, a complete driver or polish to show set for the rear of 68,69 notch or fastback is worth 150. To buy a set for less is a good deal. To sell a set for much more is also a good deal.

I'm sure the lack of this trim on the 67 models is a major factor in availability and subsequent price setting.
I don't expect these to be reproduced either.
I hope everyone gets at least a fair deal.

I got lucky on both the fronts and backs for my '67. The 68/69 trim came with the car when I bought it but the clips had never been installed and the body had never been drilled. I'm so glad I didn't have to look or pay for those.

I guess I need to get busy and try and find rear trim for my notch back.
I like mullinax95 $120 deal if only I could be so lucky.

I guess I need to get busy and try and find rear trim for my notch back.
I like mullinax95 $120 deal if only I could be so lucky.

Things you should know..
. Do not purchase a incomplete set of rear window trim for a Barracuda. Individual pieces are almost impossible to find.
I did get the single piece I needed for free but the hunt lasted 12 years.

The front trim is not as rare so it doesn't carry the same pennyweight. If a seller asks for more than 100 for A-body front trim in good condition, let him keep it. It may be worth more someday.
Knowledge is power. :)
Happy moparing

Soooo, the 67 is chrome while the 68 and 69 are stainless. Good to know. Guess I better be very careful when taking my set of 68 parts off.

If this 68 gasket issue doesn't get solved some folks may be tempted to use 67 rubber / trim.

Soooo, the 67 is chrome while the 68 and 69 are stainless. Good to know. Guess I better be very careful when taking my set of 68 parts off.

If this 68 gasket issue doesn't get solved some folks may be tempted to use 67 rubber / trim.

Nope

The '67 used a chrome plated plastic locking strip that snapped in the middle groove of the rubber. Those in the know please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Nope

The '67 used a chrome plated plastic locking strip that snapped in the middle groove of the rubber. Those in the know please correct me if I'm wrong here.
Sounds correct to me
I bought an entire car a couple of years ago just to get a complete set of untouched original trim for my 69 fastback which I removed and I polished last winter and are waiting in my garage to be installed.I guess by the asking prices of this trim I should remove all the trim thats on the car and start selling it off------Naaaaa
Good luck in your search

Attachments

• 100_8139.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 156
Nope

You're correct Tony.

When I bought my 67 cuda I did not know anything about the rubber, plastic locking strip, and the corners you have to buy in order for it to look original. The previous owner just had enough locking strip installed to keep the gasket tight against the glass. I saw it and was wondering what was going on but didn't question it enough to not buy the car since I got it at a great price. However when I got the car home and started working on it that's when my questions got answered about the locking strip, etc... on FABO. So that's when I made up my mind to convert it over to 68.

I converted my 67 over to 68 that part was easy, the trim was 225 but in great shape. the 67 original trim pops up in cold , while it lays pretty good in warm or hot weather.

I converted my 67 over to 68 that part was easy, the trim was 225 but in great shape. the 67 original trim pops up in cold , while it lays pretty good in warm or hot weather.

My boss calls it "lumpy". He said that it will never lay flat like it should.

-
Back