Not open for further replies.

CudaMan

Old Car Lover
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Guys:
Since everyone here has been a great source of information and from my experiences very helpful and friendly I thought this would be the first place I would post my 1969 Barracuda Fastback for sale. Details of the car are as follows and to the best of my knowledge. As all of you know these classic cars are all original and unrestored only ONCE and this car will be a great car for any of you looking for an original condition car to build your way or restore to factory original condition this is the car for you. I have been reluctant to do to much to the car in the way of mods because of it's condition. Basically I am freshning up the interior to presentable condition. The Galen Govier White books (plus a couple other sources I checked) puts the production of 69 Fastback Baracudas with a 318,3 speed at 201 which is pretty darned low. SO of that 201 here is on tht survived.
I will be crawling around today to verify some numbers but here is what I know about the car so far. I purchased it from the neighbor of the original owner, an 83 year old retired school teacher. The 318 in it is suppose to be the original engine and I will check the numbers on it to confirm that. Rebuilt the original 2 barrel carb, the car was orignally a 3 speed on the column but has since been chenged to a 4 speed (glad someone did that as I just am not a fan of a 3 on the tree). The car still has the original factory paint and is in surprisingly good shape. The floor pans have been completely stripped down to bare metal, prepped and painted with a metal penetrating primer and paint, no pin holes, no rust holes. Brand new Year One seat covers and foam, rebuilt seat tracks, brand new Year One carpet (putting it in within the next couple days). Brand new gas tank, Recent mufflers. I am selling this car because I purchasd it for my girlfriend, she had one in high school, but after I got the car home she just never showed any interest in it. The reason I am selling the car is that I am recovering from a major lower back operation and as any of you who have had back surgery know to crawl around and do any kind of twisting around like you do working on an old car it just takes whips the snot out of me. I am selling this car at my break even price and not looking to make any money off of this thing. I will be putting the new carpet in it starting this afternoon (Tues 4-May-2010). I have not found any MAJOR rust issues with this Barracuda. The drivers side engine compartment has some surface rust as does the rear compartment in a couple areas. I have found a couple bubbles in the paint in a couple places but no places like most of these old Mopars have that you can put your fist through. I also have a console for this Barracuda I will throw in with the deal, if you want it. I didn't install it as the offset shifter handle for a console car is a couple hundred bucks and the more money I throw at this car the more the sale price goes up and I am trying to kee the sale price low enough not to hurt anyones wallet to bad. The only thing that is missing and can be purchased in from an aftermarket supplier is the backup lights. I found them at P&G Classics for $ 150.00
I have $ 5,200.00 in this Barracuda as it sets so anyone wanting an old ride to build their way let me know and we'll see about doing some weeling and dealing and getting this thing out of my place and into yours (need to make room for a 70 Hemi Charger R/T to get it out of the weather). I didn't include any interior pics of the car but will as soon as I get it the new carpet and recovered seats back in it. If your interested in this Barracuda let me know. If you PM me I will give you my direct e-mail address and phone number.
Ron P.

69 Cuda 1.JPG

69 Cuda 2.JPG

complete view.JPG

Rear View-800x600.jpg

Engine Compartment 2-800x600.jpg

Rebuilt 2 Bbl Carb-800x600.jpg

Trunk - Pass side - Inner fender well & Jack-800x600.jpg

Rear tail panel trim and door panel-800x600.jpg

I am interested in your car. I live off of I-20 just west of Augusta. Does this car have the 8-3/4 rear end?

thanks

FABO members I must apoligize for the late posting but the car has been SOLD. Another FABO member purchased it. The purchaser is a newbie to MOPAR rides but very experienced in Pontiac restoration work. Had a beautiful GTO setting in his garage the day I delivered the Barracuda. I am sure you will see some postings from him with lots of questions and I am sure some of you will be able to help him in his adventure of restoring this nice little ride. Many thinaks to all of you for contacting me and shame on me for not replying to some of you but I am n the throws of getting back to work after injuring three discs in my back 21 months ago so I have been constantly runing all over the country the last couple weeks doing interviews and as well as seeing so my doctors to get medical releases to go back to work and I honestly have not had the time to get on the computer. Thanks one and all. In the future I will be hanging in the B body forum since my MOPAR collection consists of all B&E body rides.

:toothy10:*******Ron P.*********:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back