Not open for further replies.

2fine69s

69 340-6pak Rag Top
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys,
I started connecting my floor shifter to the trans and found I have 904 linkage. I am in need of this piece of linkage for a 340/727. The one I need is longer than this one.
Thanks,
Martin

Attachments

• IMG_3505.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 297
I'm not exactly sure 904 and 727 use a different piece there. I do know the levers on the trans that they connect to are different. The piece shown might actually be from column shift linkage. Regardless... If you have any other piece of linkage rod on hand, cut and weld may be your best bet. That's how I did got'er done. The single piece of linkage you seek is requested twice per year here. Good luck

Here is a reference pic console shift 904 rod from a 68 dart.

Attachments

• IMG_20140712_174523.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_20140712_174551.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 190
Could this be what you need .

Hey Snake,
This appears to be the top linkage for the shifter, the one inside the car, the one I need looks like the one 2manymopars posted except a couple of inches longer. Thanks for trying though,
Martin

I'm confused a bit with the info posted here. I'll try to take a pic tomorrow of the shift rod 340/904 on my car.....

Here's the pics of the lower shift rod on my 72 with 340/904. It's quite a bit different from 2manymopars pic. Notice the defined flat area on the forward end. About 10" long also :scratch:

Attachments

• P1110286.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 159
  • P1110287.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 163
  • P1110289.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 157
I know comments in this section are generally frowned upon, but there is some info that we're trying to figure out for the OP......

Martin, I'm starting to think the difference in the shift rod I posted & the one posted by 2manymopars has to do with what year the tranny is. The earlier cars had the neutral safety switch down on the column somewhere.

Later neutral safety switches were mounted on the tranny. My 904 has the trans mounted switch which makes the wider bend in the shift rod necessary for clearance......

I'm not exactly sure when the change was made from column mount to trans mount for the switch, but somewhere around 68-69

If your trans does not have the neutral switch mounted to it, I'm thinking that either style posted would work for you. If your switch mounts to the tranny, I believe you need the style I posted.....

Hope this helps

6pack is on the right track on the differences. All tranny's have a neutral safety switch in them though. The early style is a single pole(Short)and later a 3 pole with reverse light capabilities(tall) what's mounted to the column is for the reverse lights on a early column shift auto. Both rods are 10“ 2.5 longer than yours IIRC,are you sure you need longer than 10“? If

6pack is on the right track on the differences. All tranny's have a neutral safety switch in them though. The early style is a single pole(Short)and later a 3 pole with reverse light capabilities(tall) what's mounted to the column is for the reverse lights on a early column shift auto. Both rods are 10“ 2.5 longer than yours IIRC,are you sure you need longer than 10“? If

I believe that 2.5" or so longer, will work. I had originally thought that this linkage was adjustable with a swivel on it. I guess I was wrong. I do have the later transmission with the 3 prong neutral safety switch. I'm still looking this fixed length linkage, and I have several feelers out there but none yet. Keep your eyes peeled guy and thanks.
Martin

The OP's pic is for a column shift automatic trans lower rod (904 & 727 are different on this rod for column shift applications), the pics 6pk shows is the correct console auto lower rod for a mid to late 68 and up floor shift console automatic (70 will have a different adjuster for the lock-out), the pic 2many shows is the correct console auto lower rod for a 67 & early to mid 68, the pic snake shows is the column rod for a 67-70 column automatic linkage. This info is only correct providing all the other pieces of the console auto linkage are for corresponding years and models including the shifter itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back