69 dart front frame replacement

-
Reaction score
Dad and I are starting in on this 69 dart I bought. First order of business is the driver side front frame rail is rotted from a battery leaking on it. We need to replace the front rail. But unless I'm blind, I can't for the life of me find a new replacement anywhere. Not AMD or anything. Anyone ever use one of those caps? Is that my only option for new stuff? Do I need a donor rail? What has everyone else done? Thanks fellas

Donor rail, anything from 67-76 will work, but the closer to the year your car was manufactured the better! You can also just section the piece in that is rotted instead of replacing the entire rail...

Dad and I are starting in on this 69 dart I bought. First order of business is the driver side front frame rail is rotted from a battery leaking on it. We need to replace the front rail. But unless I'm blind, I can't for the life of me find a new replacement anywhere. Not AMD or anything. Anyone ever use one of those caps? Is that my only option for new stuff? Do I need a donor rail? What has everyone else done? Thanks fellas
Changing the full rail is the best option. No repros are made. As the previous post said, any 67-76 rail will work, but there are some changes, such as the hole in the brake hose bracket and the 74-76 rebound bumper brace was updated. If your inner apron is in good shape, you can leave it in place, and just change the rail, or you can change the rail with the apron attached, from a donor vehicle. It isn't too hard to do, but you will want to drop out the K frame, engine, interior etc to gain access. Block the car well at the torque boxes- end of the rockers.

I think I have a complete front rail from a 70-72 car. But I live in California

Those caps aren't the best approach IMO.

-
Back