69 Dart

-

dcam57

Reaction score
So after owning the Dart for 2 and a half years We are fairly confident the last two problems are fixed. Replaced steering box and rebuilt the rear end and installed new axles.Pretty certain that the place that did the safety should have there eyes checked.

How about posting pics of this Dart?
Here you go.

Calender Photo.jpg

DSCN2583.JPG

Calender Photo.jpg

DSCN2583.JPG

DSCN2586.JPG

So after owning the Dart for 2 and a half years We are fairly confident the last two problems are fixed. Replaced steering box and rebuilt the rear end and installed new axles.Pretty certain that the place that did the safety should have there eyes checked.
I've passed vehicles that met the ministries minimal expectations to within days afterwards have an item fail. If it passes it passes. I would have preferred to call every little part that I think might fail in the future. Now if it was close to in my opinion fail then I would have let someone at the least know. That would have made me loads of cash but then someone would have complained about that to I suppose.

I've passed vehicles that met the ministries minimal expectations to within days afterwards have an item fail. If it passes it passes. I would have preferred to call every little part that I think might fail in the future. Now if it was close to in my opinion fail then I would have let someone at the least know. That would have made me loads of cash but then someone would have complained about that to I suppose.
How about a half inch cut off the lip of the backing plate and and washers behind brake drum to space it out to prevent rubbing or these to set the pinion angle.

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

Last edited:
The two problems were steering box worn out and the above problems with rear end. Axles had adaptors welded on instead of using the proper axles to get the Big Bolt Pattern.
Well now, if that's what the axle looked like before the repair then a red flag should have popped up in someones face during the safety. You're right, eyes should have been checked. Maybe they were colourblind? Ha. Being resourceful to get a job done alright but you'd think safety would take priority let alone pride in ones quality of work. Wonder if the place that u had the safety done is still around? The ministry would have had a heyday with this place. Wish I had taken pics of all the weird shiot like this I've seen come through.

Well now, if that's what the axle looked like before the repair then a red flag should have popped up in someones face during the safety. You're right, eyes should have been checked. Maybe they were colourblind? Ha. Being resourceful to get a job done alright but you'd think safety would take priority let alone pride in ones quality of work. Wonder if the place that u had the safety done is still around? The ministry would have had a heyday with this place. Wish I had taken pics of all the weird shiot like this I've seen come through.
Yes they are still around but the safety was done in 2013. Lesson learned take it to my mechanic for a look by them.

-
Back