69 Daytona 3 mil

-

Scody21

Just send it
Reaction score
Is just crazy

IMG_5586.jpeg

I just don't see the fascination with forking out this kinda moolah for a Car.
What makes it so unique? :eek:

Kudos to the previous Owner who purchased it for 1.3 mil...2 mil profit thanks to 2 hungry Bidders who drank too much.
Perhaps I'm just stereotyping them, but...

House of 1000 Mopars ·
Join

Clint Howarth · ·
1969 Hemi Daytona (XX29J9B383276) was wrecked back in the 70's and use to sport a 1970 Charger front bumper, grille and front valance. The original Daytona hood and front fenders were reused. The Daytona front fenders were modified to accept the 1970 Charger front valance. This is the same exact car that sold for $3,300,000 at Mecum today.

1724018883186.png
1724018896749.png

And it was "Go-away Green"

People with money like that
( chump change for them )
Make this hobby if you call I that, ridiculous for us normal low budget kinda guys.
I remember back in the day nobody wanted used mopar. Couldn't get anything for one and could pick them up dirt cheap !
rawImage.jpg

After a while its not about the money, its about investment What do I have that you dont have? Let the buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just remember that people mocked the seller as a fool when he paid 1,000,000 a few years ago .

Last edited:
A few years ago I saw a Boss 429 Mustang go for $1.5M. Early 70s I was sitting at a stop light in San Berdoo on our way to San Bernardino Racing, the first "Super Shop" , next to me is a '69 Boss with a FOR SALE sign. "How much ya want for it?" I asked. "$1500 and it's yours!" was the driver's response. :lol:

I never got the excitement over wing cars, when i was a kid we had like 5-10 of them running around that area and i always found them silly and kinda ugly

A few years ago I saw a Boss 429 Mustang go for $1.5M. Early 70s I was sitting at a stop light in San Berdoo on our way to San Bernardino Racing, the first "Super Shop" , next to me is a '69 Boss with a FOR SALE sign. "How much ya want for it?" I asked. "$1500 and it's yours!" was the driver's response. :lol:
My first car when I turned 16 in 1971 was a 68 Charger R/T I got for $1700. Two weeks later, I saw white 69 Boss 429 on a car lot for $2100. I knew there was no chance my parents would help me trade after only two weeks. I liked my Charger but dang... that motor!
I have a friend that owns a white Boss 429 now. And it looks brand new.

I never got the excitement over wing cars, when i was a kid we had like 5-10 of them running around that area and i always found them silly and kinda ugly
Maybe it's the fact that without their existence in the showroom, their existence on the track would never have occurred, and the first car in the world to turn a closed-course lap avg. over 200mph wouldn't have been a Mopar......but maybe historical significance and the fact that Chrysler had the balls to actually build them to win is silly & kinda ugly to You,...so I'll stop there......

-
Back