69 fastback cargo area - re-install S/M interior trim / seat??

-

69cudanutz

Reaction score
HI GUYS - can anyone give me any pointers as 2 the re-install 69 "CUDA" - --FB cargo area S/M trim and rear seat - ie- sequence - to put parts bak correct as i didnt remove them am twisted here - and can see that there may be trouble with the fold down seat brackets -if _ things dont go bak in correctly - probably apiece of cake job - but i have prosthesis both hips and once in there dont wanna create a problem before soo? any hints welcome -- car is a 1 of 130 factory A-57opt 383 4 gear CUDA- running - body /paint/ H/L - glass done / now interior re-assembly to inc dash ---is the chore -today4 spring unvieling - will try send current piks 2 inc survivor pik of car 9 yrs ago B4-re-do started THANKS 4 your attention / help / suggestions - cudanutz / V- BC canada

IMG_1965.JPG

cudaz 521.jpg

cudaz 456.jpg

cudaz 453.jpg

cudaz 566.jpg

cudaz 514.jpg

i did my 69 twice this summer ,once to drive then again when I got the new carpet , I'm pretty sure I started with the upper trim pieces that wrap the window and back seat area , screwed loosely to allow a little movement for when you tuck the side panels under them, then the cargo floor then the 2 cargo side panels then seat back then the seat bottom , are you carpeting the cargo area ala deluxe interior or just the floor piece ? The carpet makes a huge difference in the fit .

thanks 4 yor thoughts - suggestions - had a time re-finding this thread as didnt realize it was in the Canadian Region - oil well -am here and know now --being newby member will have times like this i reckon -- soo - yes i will have carpet on the cargo floor metal factory floor - i red where some others were saying this was a wood floor - - not so - the fold down trunk / cargo area is wood yes -- - in looking/ checking at the large wheel house side panels im thinking they should go in furst - as the upper window wrap trim meets it and is - finished of/separated with a chrome trim - pc - then in with the floor -- my reel concern is the seat hinge mounting sequence /- accessability - once that side panels with hole are all in -- the hole in the panel @ the area of the hinge - and really dont wanna find out afterwards that the hinge needed 2 B installed prior -- so Q.? does the seat need the hinge attached 2 it and then bolted 2 the body frame bracket - or is it a reversed installation - being that the hinge is attached 2 the body and then one bolts the seat 2 the hinge -- is it accessable either way??-- -- maybe this isnt any problem at all - but as eye say - my hips dont wanna re do this job either haha - as 4 your second time doin - WOW - eye have been in there way bak when i furst got this car and had no hip troubles finding it achore then --am thinking i will probably B driving the car without being fully complete with carpet -- if i cant find help from a yung gun -- with patience and respect - as 2 a carefull install - thanks agin - and may C U this summer have plans to get out and around - island cruz 'in is nice - have been there 4 the Beverly Corners show -and parksville mopars once with a 67 notchback -- as i have been tied up with this car 4 way 2 long - between 2 different body persons - combined over 6 yrs - plans 4 2010R 2B car event awake this year and travel more - thanks again - Cudanutz -

yeah this is a pain to do but... while the trim go's on top of the side panels I had the trim in and was driving the car without the cargo area done so I just loosened the screws and tucked the side panels under this held everything in place while I got the alignment right { some of the clips and screws go through both pieces } , as for the carpet question you are correct the floor was carpet in all interior styles but the deluxe interior included carpet on the side panels as well which makes for a very tight fit ,which brings us to the floor which go's in last but has 2 vertical tabs back by the trunk divider board that go behind the side panel and get a screw through the side panel into the tab, yet another reason I left things loose until it was all in and lined up . Finally we get to the seat back which needs to have the hinges screwed on before installing . I did it when I re-carpeted the seat back same as polishing up the stainless eh! What carpet are you using ? I got a 9 piece kit from the outfit that supplies Year One and Legendary you can buy factory direct and save big $$ just a thought , where are you on the mainland ? I'm no young gun but if I'm in the area I would certainly give you a hand 8)

I see your in Coquitlam PM me with a number and I'll give you a call

OK am re ; reading this - cargo area story and now realize the -HINGE -i spoke of was the side release mechanizm pair - and hadnt thought about the actual - lomg piano hinge - C = wide awake here -sorry 4 that confussiun- so yes - 4 this job eye will be needing assistance surely -- - so will wait on that - someday - - have now gotten the rear lights all working =without the dash / cluster installed - am going 2 the fronts - H/L & parks -then i can permit (TOP=- weather permitting)) to drive - someplace compatable where the interior work canb done - may have 2 find / rent a ( SAFE) garage - - - as i dont have a shop/ garage -that we could work on it - many thanks 4 your offer - - - so am able & getting parts n pcs "install "ready - one item holdup - the factory tach - it wasnt working - - dont know if it ever did - not since i had the car anyway - --with nobody here i know on the mainland that can refer me where to take it locally to check / repair -? - may just buy new - / replacement - then the cluster can go bak in - so it goes - one day atta time - thanks - my name is Vlad - and not the "huckster" - selling the sharks toot hgrille -tank gawd --many returns of the day and thanks 4 your input -V

I never dreamed there would be 2 guys named Vlad into mopars and in the same general area , the one I know lives in an apartment in poco and I have no grudge against him ,like I said in the sharkstooth post he is a hustler but if you talk to him he can be reasonable he just likes to start real high thats all , Heck he was asking 8,500 down from 12,000 for my 69 Cuda but I got him down to 4,000 so he can be reasonable. We've done business since on a pair of fender which were over priced but that was because they weren't for sale but the guy doing my resto talked him into giving them to me and I'm positive the price was high because the resto guy was taking a large kick back on the sale { he's known for doing business that way }but they were the only set to come up for sale in the year and a half I was searching so sometimes you gotta eat one eh? So if your that Vlad don't sweat it I'll still give you a hand if I can all we need is a sunny day I did my carpet and interior install in 1 day in my back yard after pre installing the carpet on the individual panels the night before so it's not that big a job really just awkward . As for the hinges I was talking about the side pieces on the seat back but they go on top of that carpet piece so if your re-carpeting you should do that first and polish up the stainless trim and repaint /reinstall the hinges on the seat back .It makes it a lot easier and faster if all the little pieces of carpet are done before the interior go's back in .I'll try to get some pics today while it's sunny of the pieces I'm talking about

i did my 69 twice this summer ,once to drive then again when I got the new carpet , I'm pretty sure I started with the upper trim pieces that wrap the window and back seat area , screwed loosely to allow a little movement for when you tuck the side panels under them, then the cargo floor then the 2 cargo side panels then seat back then the seat bottom , are you carpeting the cargo area ala deluxe interior or just the floor piece ? The carpet makes a huge difference in the fit .
Sorry to ask a question to a post from so long ago but have the same issue. So, all the tabs of the big metal cargo panel go behind the ceiling trim? Of course I put mine in the other way, and it does seem wrong, but I thought maybe its just a few of the tabs that go behind the ceiling trim, but I guess not from what you say.

Sorry to ask a question to a post from so long ago but have the same issue. So, all the tabs of the big metal cargo panel go behind the ceiling trim? Of course I put mine in the other way, and it does seem wrong, but I thought maybe its just a few of the tabs that go behind the ceiling trim, but I guess not from what you say.
Edit...ok, nevermind..I just put it like you said and yes...its 100% better. Dang, nothing like doing it all twice in 1 day, lol.

yeah this is an old one but my back still remembers doing the rubber man routine to get it all together , one thing I would add to this thread for future use is I would replace all the plastic and metal screw clips /bits that the assembly screws go into with new ones . There is nothing like getting it all together and 2 weeks later panels start to buzz or rattle .I've still got a bad one over the trunk hatch panel that won't hold a screw anymore but I don't want to take all those pieces back off to get to that first one just to replace the bit that the screw goes into .

yeah this is an old one but my back still remembers doing the rubber man routine to get it all together , one thing I would add to this thread for future use is I would replace all the plastic and metal screw clips /bits that the assembly screws go into with new ones . There is nothing like getting it all together and 2 weeks later panels start to buzz or rattle .I've still got a bad one over the trunk hatch panel that won't hold a screw anymore but I don't want to take all those pieces back off to get to that first one just to replace the bit that the screw goes into .
Good call for sure.

-
Back