69 under construction / 440

-
Here is a couple more pics of LH header rerouted tubes to allow for 440 with borgeson steering box

20180503_101641.jpg

20180503_101636.jpg

Nice looking job. I started my 68 about a year later, and did about the same work sheet metal wise. You look to be a bit ahead of my schedule, but pretty close. Can’t wait to see yours done for some inspiration.

Bolted a few parts to front of the engine for fitment check and to fill in time until I move the car to the bodyshop for final sand / paint . They will also fix any bodywork issues that I didn't get straight.

20190312_173819.jpg

20190312_173808.jpg

Bolted a few parts to front of the engine for fitment check and to fill in time until I move the car to the bodyshop for final sand / paint . They will also fix any bodywork issues that I didn't get straight.

View attachment 1715302402

View attachment 1715302408

I DONT KNPOW HOW MUCH H.P. UR PUTTING IN THE ENGINE , AND I DIDN`T READ THE POST CLOSELY, BUT I SEE AN OVERHEATING PROBLEM COMING UP ---excuse caps

I DONT KNPOW HOW MUCH H.P. UR PUTTING IN THE ENGINE , AND I DIDN`T READ THE POST CLOSELY, BUT I SEE AN OVERHEATING PROBLEM COMING UP ---excuse caps
The 440 is going to be somewhere in area of 500- 540 hp , the rad I have is meant for the big block so I'm confident it should be ok . If I remember right it's a 3 core with dual electric fans.

The 440 is going to be somewhere in area of 500- 540 hp , the rad I have is meant for the big block so I'm confident it should be ok . If I remember right it's a 3 core with dual electric fans.

beware of elec fans , looks like ur under driving the water pump too. should be at least 1 to 1.--------jmo

Boy I hate to say it, but that is the first thing I thought too seeing that electric fanned radiator setup.

-
Back