6pakattack Time

-
I need to take a short road trip. I don't know if I can wait for November (Turkey Run and/or Mopars at Big Daddys) to see this car.
How about it, can I get a preview?

I need to take a short road trip. I don't know if I can wait for November (Turkey Run and/or Mopars at Big Daddys) to see this car.
How about it, can I get a preview?

It isn't running yet Charlie !!Still have to get my Gear venders Unit all bolted in,driveshaft made up,fuel lines,brakes bled and Lord knows how many LITTLE things !! You're more than welcome to cruise over and take a peek if you want to !!!We're just a little bit South of the Wickam Park Pavillion ! Let me know,and I'll send you my address and all !I sooooo want to be able to bring it to Garlits this year !!

I will get with you, sometime in Aug. Right now I am getting both my cars ready for a slant six race in Knoxville, Tn., the first weekend of Aug.

Dennis what gives any updates

Let's see,health issues,gotta go Tuesday for more fun,Driveshaft issues (have to build an entirely new one)finally resolved after about 4 friggin trips,and the worst one of all,got to build my Interest back up !!!

Did manage to get the joint caps I needed to day,so maybe I'm finally getting on the upswing !! We'll see (no pun intended) after the eye surgery tomorrow !!!

Good luck tomorrow we'll be praying for you. I come to the conclusion there's no need to rush yah we want to enjoy our projects but they have to be safe so take your time you I'm sure you've heard me more then once say I'm a couple weeks way I run into hurdles every day keep at though you be happy in the end
Aaron

Did manage to get the joint caps I needed to day,so maybe I'm finally getting on the upswing !! We'll see (no pun intended) after the eye surgery tomorrow !!!

I have had two cataract operations, a detached retina, and some kind of a "buckle" installed on my right retina to re-attach the retina in the last two years.

Good luck on your surgery; hope it turns out well!!!:prayer:

Well,they say they got down to lean tissue before the sewed me up both with my eye and my lower lip !! Keep mying my fingers crossed !! Got a nice lttle X patch over the corner of my eye,wife thinks it makes a great spot for target practice with her New PINK Versa 380 !!!:ncool:

Well,they say they got down to lean tissue before the sewed me up both with my eye and my lower lip !! Keep mying my fingers crossed !! Got a nice lttle X patch over the corner of my eye,wife thinks it makes a great spot for target practice with her New PINK Versa 380 !!!:ncool:

Dennis, my imagination is running wild (an operation that involves your eye and your lower lip???)

Was this plastic surgery?????:lurk:

I have had two cataract operations, a detached retina, and some kind of a "buckle" installed on my right retina to re-attach the retina in the last two years.

Good luck on your surgery; hope it turns out well!!!:prayer:

Reattaching a retina is a 50 50 chance Bill, wow! so glad it turned out good, it may be higher know, but back in the day it stayed detached :-k

I need to go back and read more and get caught up :shaking2:
Prayers for a skillful blest doctor to see you threw this C or Dennis :cheers:

I have been away :-|

You should be asleep then. You're old.
Tell me when I need to be asleep.. :D I am not old, Bill :-k I think he is a strong minded person that needs and likes sharing some good info that we and all need :cheers: I am letting the builders spend there money and time before I jump in the water and do what they have dun :cheers: allong with you, So I am still learning :happy1:
I am enjoying this thread allot but I stay here when I can just to stay caught up on this great info

I am so glad I have these tec's working and sharing there experiences :cheers: I thank you all :happy2:

Reattaching a retina is a 50 50 chance Bill, wow! so glad it turned out good, it may be higher know, but back in the day it stayed detached :-k

I need to go back and read more and get caught up :shaking2:
Prayers for a skillful blest doctor to see you threw this C or Dennis :cheers:

I have been away :-|

Welcome back!!!

The eye that had the detatched retina also has some scarring of the retina (right in the middle) so even though the retina is (supposedly) premanently re-attached, I can't see very well out of it; lots of blind spots and haziness. But, my other eye is 100-percent... well, almost... 20/25... That's not bad for a 73-year-old geezer... LOL!

At least, I dn't need glasses...

Thanks for your interest!

Dennis, my imagination is running wild (an operation that involves your eye and your lower lip???)

Was this plastic surgery?????:lurk:

Cancer,two seperate locations !! Lip was done two weeks ago,eye was done Tuesday ! The trick is,listen to what I mean,not what I say !LMAO

Cancer,two seperate locations !! Lip was done two weeks ago,eye was done Tuesday ! The trick is,listen to what I mean,not what I say !LMAO

I'm sorry you had those issues. I hope the surgery is 100-percent successful! It's just amazing, what they can do these days!!!

I'm too stupid to read between the lines; I went to school in ARKENSAW, don't cha know.... It's all I can do to understand what is ON the lines... much less between them...

Rite reel slow fer me... maybe I'll "get it." :-k

Now, get humpin' on that Buzzin' Half Duzzin'... I wanna see the finished product; it's lookin' great, so far!!!:blob:

Thanks for the concerns Bill !!! Got an Order placed with Speedway Motors for some waterproof connectors to get all the RMD wiring taken care of,plus I need to do some fitting of the matching Dash pieces.I think once I quit taking those one step forward,two steps back I may just accomplish something !!Also trying to decide between Mechanical or Electric Fuel Pump.:banghead:

Thanks for the concerns Bill !!! Got an Order placed with Speedway Motors for some waterproof connectors to get all the RMD wiring taken care of,plus I need to do some fitting of the matching Dash pieces.I think once I quit taking those one step forward,two steps back I may just accomplish something !!Also trying to decide between Mechanical or Electric Fuel Pump.:banghead:

Electric pumps have proved to be problematic for me.

The only reason I run one on either car is because of boost. I think they are better able to handle the demands of a 500 horsepower engine that needs enough line pressure to overcome 20+ pounds of turbo or supercharger-generated boost, than a mechanical one. That's not based on experiencee; just my opinion.

I don't trust electric pumps to give uninterrupted, reliable service in a race-car environment, much less on the street. I'd never run one on a normally-aspirated car.

I have gone through two Holley Black pumps and am currently trying a Blue one on my '72 car. Luckily, when I put the fuel system together on that car, I built it with TWO complete, separate, fuel systems, each with its own pump. When one oump quits, I flip two toggle switches and turn a few valve control levers and I'm back in business with a different pump.

Here's a couple of pictutes of some of the system: The second pump is under the floor and uses the stock tank, but either pump can draw from either source.

Ideally, I keep high-octane av gas in the cell, pump gas in the tank. I drive the 60-miles to the strip on pump gas and switch over when I get there and want to race. When I'm done racing, I drive home on the pump gas, again.

:wack:

Attachments

• 100_2847.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 231
  • 100_2853-3.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 232
  • 100_2854.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 233
I was up at my Mothers house this past weekend,so I took a trip down to meet Waggin seeing as he's pretty close.If I understood him correctly there's a way to hop up a mechanical pump to work with my 1/2" Fuel line !! Guess I need to follow up on this !

I was up at my Mothers house this past weekend,so I took a trip down to meet Waggin seeing as he's pretty close.If I understood him correctly there's a way to hop up a mechanical pump to work with my 1/2" Fuel line !! Guess I need to follow up on this !

I don't know anything about that, but before I put the Vortech blower on my 360 Magnum, I was using a mechanical pump that was supposedly a high-flow, heavy duty unit (can't remember for sure, but I think it was from Mopar Performance) with the stock 5/16" line, with a 750- Holley 4bbl, and it never starved for fuel. It weighed 3,340 pounds (without driver) and ran 13.35 @ 102mph, so was making about 300 flywheel horsepower, and it was happy.

If you buy an upgraded mechanical pump (something better than a stock one) I'd bet that it will work just fine, especially with a half-inch line.

Good luck!!!:cheers:

I haven't done it myself, but I have been told, you can change the pump arm on a V-8 pump to a slant six arm, and use that.
PS: I don't think any slant six would require a 1/2 fuel line. 3/8 is plenty, even for the highest output slant.

I haven't done it myself, but I have been told, you can change the pump arm on a V-8 pump to a slant six arm, and use that.
PS: I don't think any slant six would require a 1/2 fuel line. 3/8 is plenty, even for the highest output slant.

Yeah,unfortunately I bought a Stainless Steel Line and Fuel sender/pickup already and would hate to just trow it away and do the 3/8 line and pick up !!A stupid mistake again !!That's what happens when you act before you think !:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Yeah,unfortunately I bought a Stainless Steel Line and Fuel sender/pickup already and would hate to just trow it away and do the 3/8 line and pick up !!A stupid mistake again !!That's what happens when you act before you think !:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Settle down! You have done NOTHING WRONG! I don't see how having a half-inch line run to your mechanical pump. then fitting it with a half-to-5/16" reducer going into the pump, will have ANY detrimental effect on anything.

In fact, that pump will probably LIKE having a free-flowing system to draw from (pumps of this nature are better at pushing fuel than they are at pulling it, I am told.) It will probably thank you...

Now, with the the half-inch line is in place, down the road a couple of years, if you should ever get dissatisfied with running 14's (or, whatever it runs, normally-aspirated) you can drop on a turbo, pick up the performance by a couple of seconds, and you'll already have the required, bigger fuel system in place! One less thing to deal with!

Go ahead and plumb it with the pickup you've got. I dont see anything but good things to come from this...:cheers:

A blessing in disguise...:blob:

My 2-cents...

Gotta love positive thinking !!! Got my little goodies for my dash wiring,so maybe I'll get lucky and start on that this weekend ?:cheers:

-
Back