[WANTED] 7 1/4 3.55:1 gears

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seen valiant boy just listed a set of 3.55 gears for a 7.25. Hippy 60, I'm interested in the 3.90 gearset for our 7.25 rearend in our valiant. Sent you a p.m., my zip code is 97305. Let me know what you want for shipping. Thanks.

Penstar,
His gears are for a 60-61 Valiant 7 1/4 rear, it uses 5/16 bolts for mounting.
I need the later set that uses 3/8" bolts. I need to keep the 3.90's until I find the 3.55's

Oh, I didn't realize that. Thanks for letting me know. It helps me know what to look for on our car as well.

Oh, I didn't realize that. Thanks for letting me know. It helps me know what to look for on our car as well.
No problem, good luck on your search. My 3.90's are not NOS, they came with a sure grip, which was my original search. I was looking to install a little hight gear.

Lol, we are on the opposite end of the spectrum. Our '71 valiant has like 2.76 open in there. And we are wanting to be in the low gear range of 3.55, 3.90 or 3.73 sure grip preferably of course. Ours is a 7.25, if I run across an 8.75 for a decent price, that will swap right in I'll go that route for sure.

Lol, we are on the opposite end of the spectrum. Our '71 valiant has like 2.76 open in there. And we are wanting to be in the low gear range of 3.55, 3.90 or 3.73 sure grip preferably of course. Ours is a 7.25, if I run across an 8.75 for a decent price, that will swap right in I'll go that route for sure.
Yes, mine has the same gear, no get up and go. I was looking into the 8 3/4 for my 73 but, since I had some luck and found a sure grip; I' m going to stick it in the 7 1/4. Much less $$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back