7&1/4 8&3/4 gasket interchange Q

-
rock has the stuff, or napa/ORLY's should as well.

fyi, rock is gonna bang you up on shipping so only go that route if you're getting other stuff.

but if you need other rear end stuff specific to the build or as spares dr. diff has the stuff as a complete kit at a super reasonable price.

felpro #'s 55032 (axle flange) 13900 foam backing plate/axle retainer

I got all my rear parts from AutoZone, but they had to order them from their where house. Took a couple days.

Because of that I ordered an extra set in case I messed something up

I got all my rear parts from AutoZone, but they had to order them from their where house. Took a couple days.

Because of that I ordered an extra set in case I messed something up
that's smart. with how cheap that stuff is it makes sense to order a few extras.

i wish the vato zone nearest me was worth a toot, i can walk there. but all their counter people just stare at me with a blank face when i try and order something and revert to their factory settings: what year car is it for?

I would just go to Kitty's craft room 20 feet away and get a sheet of Hobby Lobby white foam and make them. While you caint do that, you can go to Hobby Lobby.

I would just go to Kitty's craft room 20 feet away and get a sheet of Hobby Lobby white foam and make them. While you caint do that, you can go to Hobby Lobby.
while i fully advocate for this arts & crafts approach, last time i touched the "special scissors" i was in dutch for a week.

also, broken dot line 20lb paper in matte with a japanese finish not to be used for gasket making. even if you hatch a plan for a clandestine operation to snake a few sheets under the darkness of night. the war department will find out and come down upon you with the fury of 10,000 suns.

while i fully advocate for this arts & crafts approach, last time i touched the "special scissors" i was in dutch for a week.

also, broken dot line 20lb paper in matte with a japanese finish not to be used for gasket making. even if you hatch a plan for a clandestine operation to snake a few sheets under the darkness of night. the war department will find out and come down upon you with the fury of 10,000 suns.
Naw, this is some pretty stout white foam. Closed cell I think they call it. 1/8" thick.

:mad::eek::rofl:

also, broken dot line 20lb paper in matte with a japanese finish not to be used for gasket making. even if you hatch a plan for a clandestine operation to snake a few sheets under the darkness of night. the will find out and come down upon you with the fury of 10,000 s.
sisu trailer - Search Videos After a few beers at the local watering hole last night I cooked a Tombstone classic sausage pizza in lieu of the pot roast Red had cooking in the crock pot. Not only did I have sleep with one eye open I had to hire SISU to make it through the night. You should see Red's special scissors!

it turns out that the 55032 is a 5 hole gasket & I couldn't find the 13900. Now does the 7&1/4 use foam on each side of the b plate or foam/metal like the 8&3/4 does? and I do have a set of hole punchs

I stand corrected. I just came back from the shop & I checked my BBP 7&1/4 & it DOES have 5 studs. The housing dia is smaller & that will require a smaller inner seal than the one that fits the 8&3/4

for future reference, it would help if your question was more specific and you provided more information or context about what you were working on.

all i've seen you post about is 8 3/4 stuff, and that's all you've been asking about the last several weeks. when here it turns out that you're working on a 7 1/4 so the information that i provided you is likely incorrect for your needs.

specifics help everybody in these types of situations.

actually the info you provided was very helpful & very much appreciated. I hit the wall with the 8&3/4 & couldn't go any further till I examine the pumpkin so I moved to my 7&1/4

-
Back