7&1/4 housing gaskets

-

Rapid Robert

Reaction score
just came from Oreilly's & they said the 7&1/4 has 2 seals on each end, a thick one and a thin one. this doesn't sound right tho I have been inside it yet. what say you guys? thank you for your time. RR

oil seal in the tube, thin "steel" gasket on the housing flange to backplate, foam gasket between the axle retainer plate and backing plate.

exactly what I needed, thank you! so it looks like they sold me the thin inner seal(s) which I am going to assume are correct for the 7&1/4 and the thicker seal(s) which look correct for an 8&3/4. OK I will either take em back or save em for the unfinished 8&3/4. thank you again brother

exactly what I needed, thank you! so it looks like they sold me the thin inner seal(s) which I am going to assume are correct for the 7&1/4 and the thicker seal(s) which look correct for an 8&3/4. OK I will either take em back or save em for the unfinished 8&3/4. thank you again brother
the 7.25 axle retainer is 4 bolts, the 8.75 is 5 so that one's a quick visual ID. obviously the flange to backing plate is also 4 bolts and is also much smaller diameter.

with a note: the 8.25 is also 4 bolt flange/retainer, but again, it's noticeably larger diameter.

-
Back