70-72 vs 73 cooler lines

-
Reaction score
I have a 73 Scamp with a 72 340/727 and I’m wanting to get new transmission cooler lines. I had to swap the original slant 6 radiator for a V8 one with the driver side inlet and the used one I got I have no idea what year it’s from. I see Mancini and in-line tube shows a different part for 70-72 and 73, does anyone know the difference? Idk if the body is different from 72 to 73 or the radiator.

IDK but 73 has the spool mount kframe. Maybe it's the way it is routed in that area?
Now that would make sense. I did remember that the radiator I bought came out of a 71 Dart Swinger. But I doubt that would be different than a 73 Scamp V8 radiator as far as where the lines mount. The K frame makes more sense.

1st off if you do not know what the radiator is you need to start there.
If factory look for the number on the top tank and there are plenty of search results to look that up.
2nd off you can always make your own.
There are many ways to skin this cat. With the mix matched set up it may be the easiest and best route then trying to be disappointed waiting on parts to only find out they are not correct for your new application. I’d start with the lines for a 318/904 duster or dart. That would get you close if you need to buy new.
Syleng1

Ok so I checked with the radiator and there are no stamps or part numbers on it. I set it next to the one that was in the car for the 6 and they are the same size, only difference is the inlet is on the drivers side which I need for the V8, and the cooler fittings are about 2” off from the I6. This swap was cobbled by a previous owner and I’m trying to bring it back close to factory while also deleting A/C and power steering. The radiator looks like it will be a bolt in so that just leaves the cooler lines. What’s in there now may work but they cut them and spliced in sections of rubber hose and I want to get rid of that. I’d reallly rather buy prebent lines to save time.

-
Back