'70 Dart Swinger 340 emblem question

-

BlueSwinger

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
On a '70 Swinger 340 car, are the trunk lid "DART" and "Swinger" emblems the same as the ones on the quarter panels? Or are those different in size, appearance, or shape? THANKS!

the 1970 dart only said dart and swinger on the quarters on the deck lid it said dodge

Attachments

• page1.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 683
No, I'm talking about the Swinger 340. On the deck lid, it says Swinger and DART. It's different than the non-340 car that you pictured in the ad there. Nice ad though!

I think it looks like this...

DartRrGarage.jpg

Dart002.jpg

My 340 Dart just says Dodge on the back. Don't know if it is factory or not though. Trunk lid could have been replaced at some point mabby.

Attachments

• i6115.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 624
My 340 Dart just says Dodge on the back. Don't know if it is factory or not though. Trunk lid could have been replaced at some point mabby.

Yeah, some probably were like that, who knows. I am making mine like "the norm" though. The "norm" with the '70 340 Swinger is to have the "DART" then the "Swinger" on the deck lid. I already knew this, I just wasn't sure if it was the EXACT same emblem or there was some difference. For example, the script Dodge on the non-340 cars has a curve to the one on the hood, whereas the trunk lid one is flat, so they're not a direct replacement. For them to fit correctly, you need an actual hood emblem, and an actual deck lid emblem.

I've ordered all my emblems now from Year One, but forgot to get the third ones for the deck lid anyway, so will have to pick those up later! At least now I know what to get.

Thanks all for your help.

Do you have the measurements where the emblems need to be placed on the rear panel? 318 A body 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger? Thanks.

I think this is one of Dodge's best looking back ends.

Attachments

• 20110915_171.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 456
-
Back