70 ddge dart right turn signal light on dash glows

-

dart.340

Reaction score
hi guys i am just finishing up rebuilding my 70 dart swinger 340- 4 speed and the ony issue im having is when the battery is reconnected the right turn signal indicator on the dash glows very lightly, and once the engine is started and running it lights up brighter yet, has any one seen this type of problem before, any pointers would be great thanks

Jonathan

Hummm, sounds like a short circuit or partial (bad) ground. The only circuits that have juice with the key off are the interior lights, lighter, wiper park, clock (not likely) Ammeter and headlights (more likely since it's in the same general area) or the brake lights (most likely). It could be a circuit board problem in the dash but I think it's more likely you have feedback through the brakelights to the turn signals. Check to see that you have the correct bulbs in each socket and that the switch is working correctly. Also try moving the turn signal switch lever around to see if things change.

Ensure your turn signal bulb receptacles are checked for corrosion, broken lead, and above all like the other forum reader stated......your ground connection.....john

thanks guys i will try that out net timei get to wok on the car, the turn signal pig tails are not connected yet to the individua light sockets for left or right hand side nor thebrake lights obviously, but i will in the mean time make an extra ground wire from the cluster to the dash fram,e an extra ground wont hurt in the mean time

it for sure sounds like a ground problem. plug the pigtail into the light bulb with the metal housing connected to a good ground and that is where you should start. and remember it needs to be a good tight ground since turn signals on the older cars are notorious for these little problems caused by loose or broken grounds

-
Back