70 Duster window's

-

swifter

Reaction score
I need help guy's---I restored a 70 Duster the last 3 years and got to drive it a few months this last year,One thing that i have a major problem is with the side window's,They crank like your lifting 600 lbs and don't seal very good around the window opening,I did put new glass in from A.M.D in both windows and have had a few guy's from here help me with the adjustments and could never get them right,SO when I get the car out of storage in spring this is one thing I want to address and don't know where to go. Anyone here from the Midwest I live in wis. and would drive the car to someone that can help. I think someone here told me that there is no parts available for a-body door windows Looking for help,If I would go with electric openers would that solve my problem???? Searching for help--Steve Thanks

I've seen it, try, speciality restoration, soff seal...That's the felt, wiper in the channel.

I think green meant Restoration Specialties. I haven't had any issues with their weatherstrips. They also carry the belt strips (inner and outer). You may have to remove the regulator and clean/lubricate everything. Make sure there isn't old, caked on grease gumming things up. They should roll up and down easily. I don't see how electric windows will help anything.

Sounds like your regulators need to be cleaned and adjusted.
Should only take 1 finger to roll them down, 2 to roll them up.

Sounds like your regulators need to be cleaned and adjusted.
Should only take 1 finger to roll them down, 2 to roll them up.

nail on the head, they need to be pulled apart and cleaned and reassembled with new grease.

Before I did anything I would take a look at the two tracks that the window slides in make sure they are straight and not even slightly twisted, you can also adjust the fit on the seal by the two nuts at the bottom of the door by moving the tracks in or out.

The bearing assembly right behind the handle may be the problem. It should have a bit of backlash or lost motion in turning, that is by design. If it has a lot of loose motion or wiggle in the handle, it's worn.
The good news is that piece can be replaced. Get better parts from a later model rear doors. Just drill out and replace 3 rivets. New grease, etc.. that others have suggested.

-
Back