'70 Rallye Guage Dash

-

Casey Davis

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Where can I find one?
I used to have a link to a company that restored the dashes and sometimes sold complete units (everything) but I lost it.
Can I modify my standard dash to except a rallye guage cluster?

Casey Davis

BEA parts out of Ohio at:
http://www.beaparts.com/list_items.aspx?body=a&cat=i
or PGClassics also is selling them out of Canada. Apparently this is a joint effort with the 2 companies splitting costs.

The one at the bottom is woodgrain but I believe they also sell the standard rallye dashes without it. I just bought mine from BEA for my 67 Barracuda and it is top notch.

A standard dash housing will need more sheetmetal cut away for a rallye panel. The rallye panel has 2 printed circuit boards and 2 connecters. Just a matter of 3 wires to move from your round center connecter to the rallye panels left board.

A standard dash housing will need more sheetmetal cut away for a rallye panel. The rallye panel has 2 printed circuit boards and 2 connecters. Just a matter of 3 wires to move from your round center connecter to the rallye panels left board.

Can this be done relatively easy or am I better off looking for a original one?

Can this be done relatively easy or am I better off looking for a original one?
If you have a hacksaw ... nothing to it. Mark and cut the housing just like the factory did. The pins on the second PCB are in a straight line so even Radio Shack has a female connecter that will work.
I can pm any measurements and details you might need or post them here for the whole world to see.
Going back to the standard panel would be much more difficult.

If you have a hacksaw ... nothing to it. Mark and cut the housing just like the factory did. The pins on the second PCB are in a straight line so even Radio Shack has a female connecter that will work.
I can pm any measurements and details you might need or post them here for the whole world to see.
Going back to the standard panel would be much more difficult.

That would help me out alot.
Have you done this before or have you just seen it done?

-
Back