71 360?

-
should drop right in as long as you have a v8 k frame and the correct mounts for a 340-360 or a set of shumaker mounts to convert to a /6 k frame ,but as far as space I have a 71 360 in my 73 duster.

No ...
just be aware of the 360 having a different oil pan and I believe the mounts for a 360 are slightly different.

The 360 is an external balance motor- be sure that if you are adapting to where a 318 was, use a weighted flexplate or proper converter. If using a manual transmission, use the proper flywheel for a 360.

If you are rebuilding and are going with lighter aftermarket pistons, disregard that statement as you will have to have it rebalanced anyways. Just thought I'd toss this out there as some people don't know about the different balancing of the 360.

Hummm, considering that it was a option in '74...theres no difference in the engine bay dimentions and all smnall blocks minus exhaust manifold and possible intake/air cleaner hight differences, I'd say yea! This will drop right in.

If this were a /6 car, then the trans daprt swap mounts would be good to get. If it were a 318 car,, a driverside engine mount would make tings easier.

Keep in mind the 360 is a external balanced engine and the other small blocks are internaly balanced.

-
Back