71 Demon - interior paint color

-

Demonx2

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a question that I hope one of you can help answer. I have a 71 FJ6 (Green Go) Demon 340 with the J54 flat black/twin-scoop hood. It has a black interior with the A88 woodgrain interior option. The bucket seats are the black/charcoal inserts.

My question is the paint color for the dash, upper front doors, and rear seat area upper sides. I know the dash is supposed to be a "suede" textured black but what about the upper doors and rear seat area? These are obviously black but I'm assuming they should be a different texture than the dash. Can any of you shed light in this?
Thx!!

Here is a paint card for 1971 that I have. I had the same questions as I'm getting my Demon painted now. On the back side it shows what textures and for where. Hope it helps.

Carl

20201209_160835.jpg

20201209_160904.jpg

Thx Carl! My car is still in it's original interior state so I'll have to look at it to see. I dont recall it being gloss black on the interior upper part of the doors as noted on the card. I could be wrong as I haven't been around the car much - it's been at a restoration place about a year and it literally sat untouched in my garage for almost 27 years.
I've been working on my 72 Demon at home so it will also need the upper interior doors painted too - they're pretty rough looking. So I better figure this out or I'll have 2 of them painted wrong!! The 72 doesn't matter so much as it's a modified car but the 71 needs to be right.
Thx again for the help. Hope your Demon build goes great! Gotta love all these A-bodies and the expertise of so many on here.

So here is an example of a duster from Carlisle that I took photos of for reference. It is a B3 exterior and B7 interior that was all original. Mine one demon interior is painted black, while not as shiny, it's definitely not suede finish on the doors.

20200710_115201.jpg

20200710_105044.jpg

20200708_161255.jpg

20200627_115628.jpg

-
Back