71 Demon Rear Swing Out Window Removal

-

Gibber

Reaction score
I know this topic is on the forum someplace, but darned if I can find it. Car is going in for paint tomorrow, and have most of the roof rail screws out and the weatherstrip, but can't seem to figure out how the rear swing out window assembly comes out. I have an entire weatherstrip kit for the car, so once it comes out I will replace all of the window and roof rail weatherstrip. I have the four screws (top and bottom) out that makes up the B pillar forward of the window, and the window weatherstrip is removed as well. The shop manual is pretty much worthless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mark

you have to take out the metal interior panel that wraps around the window to access the screw at the rear of the qtr window assembly. It should be 2 screws at the top by the roof rail, 2 screws by the bottom under the door jamb rubber, then the screw at the rear. You will have to take the back seat out if you haven't already to remove the interior panel. Hope this helps. Russell

Thanks for the info! I'll take the seat out tomorrow, finish removing the windows, and just take the car to the painter on Tues.

Mark

Perfect! Had both the windows out in 20 minutes. Thanks again!

Mark

no problem, glad i was able to help. any other questions, dont hesitate to ask. Russell

-
Back