71 duster 340 wheel cover and spare tire codes

-
I'm looking for same info. My spare tire code is 12.

Does 00 mean there was no spare tire?
I believe all new vehicles sold even in the 70's had to have a spare tire and Jack as part of the safety standards. Much like seat belts had to be present but not mandatory to use, that came along later. Of course local governments may have made adjustments to the general rules.

I have the same question. anyone know the answer?
ok i have a 1971 fc7 duster with the same code all i can say i am the third owner of the car it had 63,207 original miles and the wheels are body color steely’s with poverty hub caps and they do say plymouth division on them

I checked my broadcast sheet. It says spare 00, wheel cover 35. :rolleyes:

The original wheel covers are these ones :
left side.jpg

35 wheel cover.jpg

Last edited:
I'm just hazarding a guess but I'd say 00 for spare means a steel wheel and you get no hubcap with it, hence 00?

I'm just hazarding a guess but I'd say 00 for spare means a steel wheel and you get no hubcap with it, hence 00?
my broadcast sheet says 00 as well and has 14 x 4.5 steel wheel but wheels on car a 14x 5.5 so would agree but after talking with local cdjr dealer says 69 and 70. gas had lettered dog dish and starting in 71 steel wheels went to a satin black color and non lettered caps so could be used across the board versus on plymouth car but some early produced car had a lettered dog dish cap

Resurrecting a dead post.... anyone know what wheel code 50 would be on a 1971 duster 340 broadcast sheet??

I tried to understand too.
My broadcast sheet says wheel cover "35".
In the 70/71 Mopar parts catalog, my OEM wheel covers are these ones :
35.jpg
As you can see, the part # ends with "35".
A coincidence? Maybe not.

If my reasoning is correct, your original wheel covers were these ones :
50.jpg
The part # ends with "50".

I don't know if I am right, but it's a possibility :)

-
Back