71 Duster Twister Stipes

-

DusterArty

Reaction score
I'am about to paint my 71 duster twister and want to do it right with the stripes and everything, just wondering if anyone knows the what the original stripes down the side were, if there was a little swirl through it, around the tail lights, etc. if anyone has any input that would be very appreciated, thanks a lot.

71 twisters had no dust swirl in the quarter panel stripe. the 72' twisters did have the dust swirl, at least as I remember. I'm sure some other members will chime in.

Mine was still in original paint when I got it and it DID have the swirls in the stripes. The color was gone in them so in most of my pics when it was still original paint they look solid black. But if examined closely you could see the swirls were once there. Id attach some pics but im on my phone right now. Look at my signature and click the link to my build thread. Theres plenty of pics there.

Mine was still in original paint when I got it and it DID have the swirls in the stripes. The color was gone in them so in most of my pics when it was still original paint they look solid black. But if examined closely you could see the swirls were once there. Id attach some pics but im on my phone right now. Look at my signature and click the link to my build thread. Theres plenty of pics there.
You know you are probably correct, as I see phoenix car graphics sells the dust swirl stripes for 71/72 twisters. I know the dust swirls were not correct for 71 340 cars, but are correct for 72 340 dusters. I did notice that the orange 71 twister that is being parted out by a member on here does not seem to have any swirls though, unless they are faded off like yours were???

You know you are probably correct, as I see phoenix car graphics sells the dust swirl stripes for 71/72 twisters. I know the dust swirls were not correct for 71 340 cars, but are correct for 72 340 dusters. I did notice that the orange 71 twister that is being parted out by a member on here does not seem to have any swirls though, unless they are faded off like yours were???

I was thinking that 71 twisters did and 340s didn't, but couldn't remember. I imagine the one being parted is probably faded. Its just printed on top of the vinyl so I bet the originals faded really easily with the old inks or whatever.

I was thinking that 71 twisters did and 340s didn't, but couldn't remember. I imagine the one being parted is probably faded. Its just printed on top of the vinyl so I bet the originals faded really easily with the old inks or whatever.
yeah I think your correct.....

-
Back