-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojoe9955

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Odd combo needs a drive shaft. For a 72 Demon/Sport 8.25 to Slant Six 904 it measures out 50.25" tight cl to cl on the yokes something a little less should work
I could'nt find a size for this combo on the lists, but did see 70/72 Duster/Sport 8.25 to 318, 727 which is 49.95 cl to cl
which should work. I don't think I want to go more, but a little less would work too.
Close to NJ 08244
Thanks

Last edited:
I'm just measuring what I have from center of yokes with the slip yoke, which I'll be using in the transmission. I've been a carpenter for 55 years now and can measure pretty good. I'm using the information I found on this site and B bodies only as a reference.
Thanks for your input

Thanks Dad, I think I used that in a 74 Duster with a 318/904 and 8.75 combo.
I would need you to ship if, I can use it.
Wrapped up in cardboard, UPS would probably work...

I can ship. $75 plus the ride.

thumbnail.jpg

That doesn't sound bad, but I'll need a better picture of the measurement to be sure.
Thanks

Why not bite the bullet one time and have a new shaft with new yokes and u-joints built? One and done, then you are not relying on 50 year old parts and a potential failure. I used to run older shafts until my bracket car twisted one or two open like a can of biscuits. For a street car, a normal steel shaft would be fine. I'm running slightly higher horsepower and leaving off of a transbrake, so that is why I run new driveshafts and have them checked annually.

I have a driveshaft guy that does as per Big J,s info. I am not sure what the final configuration of the car is going to be.
This is just a stop gap measure to be able to move it about until I can decide what I'm going to actually do.

Thanks, I already have that driveshaft, which is now too long for my new configuration.
Something shorter than 50 but longer than 48.5. Will probably work.
I just want to be able to move the car around until I can get serious with it.

I found another chart that specs 49.90" from cl to cl of the yokes. 73/76 Duster or Dart Sport.
Thanks for the input

I have drive shafts, I am sure I have what to need from a 73 dart sport 318. and there are more here from many cars . Near Phillipsburg NJ. in Pa. You could drive for it if your close . These are used drive shafts from cars that were stripped. $50

I have drive shafts, I am sure I have what to need from a 73 dart sport 318. and there are more here from many cars . Near Phillipsburg NJ. in Pa. You could drive for it if your close . These are used drive shafts from cars that were stripped. $50
I'm interested in the driveshafts Oldman
I've been sending pm's
I typed this the other day and never pushed "Post reply"....
just now :BangHead:

He's really not that "Old", but he is a Mopar man, thru and thru. Not only that...a great guy too!
Thanks Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back