72 Demon seat backs?

-

Mojoe9955

Reaction score
I made a post asking if anyone had put in Honda Accord or similar modern seats in their cars. No one seemed to be helpful and a few were pretty critical. I'm not really offended, but I do need some input regarding the matter. These are the seats I presently have in my car...the whole back is missing on both sides. What is it supposed to look like? Someone said modern seats look crappy in a classic car...in my mind they can't look any worse than this. For a few bucks I can put a modern interior as opposed to a big bucks, correct restoration on a beat up Demon.
Seriously though, I would like to eventually redo the seats, but I'm not sure what the back is really supposed to look like.

Resized_Resized_20221007_132715.jpeg

Last edited:
It is just a sheet of vinyl on the back sides. Not sure of what year car yours is, but the front could be all vinyl or have fabric inserts on them. Here are photos of mine from a local upholstery shop, they are for a 71 demon. The same year seat for a swinger has all vinyl. I'm sure you could call a local upholstery guy to fix it up.

As for the honda seats, you'll probably just have to fabricate some brackets to adapt to the floor for a good height that works for ya. I don't see why they won't work. Dye them to match the rest of the interior?

20220815_180751.jpg

20220815_181237.jpg

20220815_180741.jpg

20220815_180732.jpg

Those are really nice.
The front seat in the car now is a high back bench seat and I've seen high back bucket seats with plastic backs, and am wondering if that is how these might have been equipped. I guess if I took them to a shop they could fill in the indentation with some foam and use the old covers for patterns for the new ones. I've seen guys have used Chrysler convertible seats as they have the shoulder belts incorporated, but they seem to be hard to come by these days. I think Foxbody Mustang convertibles are like that too.

Yeah the guy I took it to used the old material for patterns. I almost think that foam of yours is fine, nothing is missing. It looks to be molded like that. As a quick fix you can probably find a seat cover that will fit it and throw that on there. I remember we did that back in the late 90's because the fabric was so damn itchy from drying out.

-
Back