72 duster 360 NA to 390 Turbo

-

Christmas Eve tuning session. Need more traction!!! Otherwise making some progress.

Woooooo! Looks like she will get a little squirrelly on you if the foot doesn’t lift. Oh yea, power!

Yes, gonna have to get some drag radials before I hit the track when they reopen in a couple of months

Great job!
No muffler on the downpipe? Doesn't sound too terrible, at least not on my phone! Lol. GT45 right? You're gonna love it!

No muffler, not loud at all. Get a little exhaust smell inside. Yes GT45 and I was nervous about the issues with the truck turbo so I drilled the restrictior out bigger. No issues so far. Put about 30 miles on yesterday. Working on the carb tuning..

I was hoping Santa would have left me a Holley Super Sniper 1200, bit I guess I was on the naughty list. :steering:

This is an awesome build! I highly recommend the Holley EFI. I run the Dominator and its learn mode is so fast that in 1 pull it was locked in to the AFRs I set it up with. Amazing product.

Yes the dominator is a nice piece, and pricey. Holley makes quality stuff. I may try a FITech like I have on the turbo truck build. That way I won’t have to swap intakes but I do have a port injection intake if I decide to go that route.

There are places like Monkey fab, CX racing and others that offer t4 merges that are already made. I just used a T4 flange and my vise and ovaled the pipes to fit in the hole. Maybe 1 hour tops work time. Lots of YouTube videos on how to do this.

Yes the dominator is a nice piece, and pricey. Holley makes quality stuff. I may try a FITech like I have on the turbo truck build. That way I won’t have to swap intakes but I do have a port injection intake if I decide to go that route.
If you are going that route then I would go with the Holley Sniper. Too many guys are having trouble with FI Tech.

I am getting the FITech figured out and it’s doing very well in the turbo truck.

Update: I fabbed up some wastegate dump pipes last night. The flanges came with the wastegates. Used some stainless sink drain line from a lab. Works well and was cheap at $1.80 from the recyclers.
Pics for motivation or a good laugh. Thanks to my cousin for the final weld. Should have tig welded for a nicer look but I don’t care and you barely see it. Just looking for function and it will do that! Trying to get it to Rockingham on the 20th for the Mopar show. If not this then the turbo Truck is going. Either way I will keep those that are interested informed.

942D506F-7FB9-4559-8EC5-12697B97DC6A.jpeg

D560685C-9633-4657-A6C5-9F49FDA3077D.jpeg

342007FF-201E-4ED8-BB7F-38DCC955ADCA.jpeg

B5641ED8-6597-401C-B502-273FB980E4BB.jpeg

513AADE6-3BE4-465C-AD53-4711CA5E6DBE.jpeg

Cool project......but I have to ask, did I see you said you machined the valve seats .080" DEEPER? Man, no way would I have done all that. The valve seat area is one of the thinnest places in the head. Has water right under them. Maybe the Magnum stuff is thicker there, I don't know. Good luck with it! It sounds strong!

I misspoke there, it was the spring seat, sorry for the confusion. I called Hughes and they said I could go 120 thousandths before I hit water.

-
Back