-
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokindust

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
72 twister that is called The Ruster. A real twister With original paint, original panels and original Rust / patina. I’ve owned the car for about 14 years only put together in the last 3 1/2 and has a total of about 800 miles on whole build. The drivetrain is a 340 / 4spd / 8.75. The entire underside has been down to bare metal, drivers side front floor pan and 4spd hump installed, seam sealed treated with rust encapsulator then sprayed with Upols graveltex.. engine- 72 340 block .030 over KB pistons-stock forged rods with oiling mods for the pins all arp hardware. Forged 340 crank .010/.010 all balanced. Heads are ported J heads with 2.08 /1.60 stainless valves. 62cc. Compression is 10.8. Hydrolic 509/292 flat tappet cam new springs retainers locks etc. comp cam roller rocker arms trend pushrods - strip dominator intake / 850 QF carb. ARP main studs W/ windage tray - ARP head studs. Arp stainless hardware everywhere.. trans is a slick shifted 23 spline with center force diaphragm clutch W/ Lakewood scatter shield. Balanced driveshaft with Dana 7290 joints. Rear is 8.75 billet yoke with straps, Richmond 4.30 gears, moser 35 spline axles screw in 1/2 studs with moser spool. Car has frame connectors welded ti the floor from US cartool. And tubular driveshaft loop welded to the frame connectors. QA1 single adjustable shocks all around. Front suspension is new basically stock with QA1 upper arms and adjustable strut rods. And wilwood front disc brake conversion. Rear suspension is caltracs with the monoleafs . Interior is blue hounds tooth benchseat. Shifter is hurst super shifter III w/ reverse lockout.. fuel system has a 12 gallon fuel cell , holley blue pump # 8 line to regulator #6 to the carb. New cold case 22” radiator with electric fans. Exhaust is American racing headers stainless headers 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 with merge collectors to 3” tti X pipe with areo chamber muffs. If your going to do the body(which was my plan eventually) I painted the engine compartment. It will need both 1/4s rocker panels trunk floor and tail panel. I have DS 1/4 - inner/outer rockers - and tail panel all AMD that go with the car. Also included will be the factory twister hood, an extra grille, 28x9 slicks on centerlines, E brake cable kit. 3” tti tail pipes. The heater controls and fan work, the rear defogger works the wipers work. Car gets a lot of attention everywhere I go with it and it runs very strong. I’m in the process of changing the rear gears to 3.90 or 3.73 also with a spool so it’s more drivable on the highway. YPrice 25,000. No trades. Tell me what you think don’t be afraid to make an offer

IMG_5371.jpeg

IMG_4947.jpeg

IMG_5368.png

IMG_5372.png

IMG_5373.png

IMG_5375.png

IMG_5376.png

IMG_5377.png

IMG_5383.png

IMG_5378.png

Just curious what it runs?
I ran 7.80 in the 1/8th but it’s not set up for 8th mile . I’m just shifting into 4 th gear going through the traps. I had a similar combo years ago and it went 11:70s in 1/4. It’s runs really good for old school technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back