72 scamp convertible conversion?

-

ScampLA360

Reaction score
I have a 1972 scamp which has been in a mild rollover so I have to replace the roof anyways. Anyone converted a early 70’s a body and know if its worth it?

You would need to start with a 67-69 Dart convertible, and then switch the body panels over from your Scamp. A few 70-71 Dart convertibles have been made that way.

You would need to start with a 67-69 Dart convertible, and then switch the body panels over from your Scamp. A few 70-71 Dart convertibles have been made that way.
How many pannels would I have to switch if you know and do I have to use a different windshield/ a pillars?

You would be better off putting 72 scamp sheetmetal on a 67-69 dart vert body. Swap the nose sheetmetal, and swap the *** end sheetmetal. Done. BTW if that's the rolled over scamp in your avatar are you sure body parts are not tweaked ? You may want to just cut your losses and part it out, find another scamper

Last edited:
I have a 1972 scamp which has been in a mild rollover so I have to replace the roof anyways. Anyone converted a early 70’s a body and know if its worth it?

I didn't know there is a mild and spicy rollover...
I always thought any roll over is a pretty big deal and messes up the car real bad, and not just the top.

you can just cut the top off if you really wanted to . a couple of racing buckets and some rhino lining... good to go

-
Back