72 Swinger in Redding, CA.

-
How long have you been waiting for a return email ?? Looks like a good project car to me as well.
Love the color..

How long have you been waiting for a return email ?? Looks like a good project car to me as well.
Love the color..

Couple weeks actually. I think it might have gone to his spam. I emailed again from my work email and he responded with "Yes we still have it. I'm willing to sell it up can't come up with a decent price."

I emailed back, but no response. Ill wait and see.

Anybody know this car? http://redding.craigslist.org/bar/5024344068.html

I tried contacting the seller through email. (No phone listed) with no luck.

This would make a great project (or parts car) depending on the rust situation.

Just curious if anyone in the CA area knows the owner.

Thanks!

go to the street listed on the ad, if your close he put an address in of some kind, if he would have put just redding the map would be city center... check it out.... look around and try to find it.... works sometimes...

go to the street listed on the ad if you close he put an address in of somekind, if he would have put just redding the map would be city center... check it out.... look around and try to find it.... works sometimes...

Good call. Problem is I don't live there, Im a few hours away, but willing to go get it if the price is right. I asked him for a phone number, hopefully he will send it.

Cool. Good luck. There's a nice dart 270 builder on eBay if that doesn't work out....it's in cali also. Primer grey 68 i think real cheap ends today check it out

Just got the guy to call me.

Auto
Bench Seat
Power steering
Manual Brakes (most likely)
Surface rust on rockers (he doesn't really know)
Been sitting for a long time, brother lost interest.
Car doesn't run, will turn over.

He was thinking $1500. I don't think its worth that much, personally. I told him I would give him $800, but less if there is significant rust. He is going to talk to his brother and let me know, since the car is in his brother's name. He says he has had lots of interest, but people are looking for a 340 car, with 8 3/4, etc.

The car is actually in Corning, CA not Redding. Which is 4 hours away from me, so I would need to get a trailer and haul it home, which isn't a problem, just adds to the cost.

Thoughts on price, etc? http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...://redding.craigslist.org/bar/5024344068.html

i like 800...they might not...lol
easy sell, its been sitting, given the condition, im not buying a drive it home car, its going to have to be gone through to make roadworthy, not to mention draging it 4 hours... if it was a 340 car...eh but its a parts car...so how bout 800, you and your brother can buy a lot of beer and steaks with 800...

Either way--good luck. Since it's a Cali car, you might be in luck with the cancer situation...at least it looks relatively complete. I'd gladly take a good solid rust free chassis sans engine/trans than a complete running car with massive rot issues, but that's just me.

Either way--good luck. Since it's a Cali car, you might be in luck with the cancer situation...at least it looks relatively complete. I'd gladly take a good solid rust free chassis sans engine/trans than a complete running car with massive rot issues, but that's just me.

compltete running with rust issues,,, right here... lol

Define the extent though...we talkin' needs a new passenger side floorpan? Or floorpans, trunk floor, quarter panels, fenders, frame rails, Dutchman, and t-bar x-member?

Define the extent though...we talkin' needs a new passenger side floorpan? Or floorpans, trunk floor, quarter panels, fenders, frame rails, Dutchman, and t-bar x-member?

Seriously. The guy is supposed to get back to me this weekend. Keep ya'll posted.

Any thoughts on what I offered?

The guy said that he talked to his brother and their response was "maybe we should get it running then sell it" Thinking they can sell it for more, I guess.

This may be true, I told him, but just think how much it is going to cost you to get it driving (motor doesn't run, brakes, trans, etc) Once its all said and done you might be in it for more than you can even sell it for.

I told him if he changes his mind to give me a call. We'll see...

-
Back