72 valiant ex man.

-

elvaliant66

Reaction score
Anybody know the casting numbers for a 1972 valiant 318 exhaust manifolds. Driver and passenger

Alright thanks I seen that chart but wasn't sure to follow the "318 70-73" or the "dart 72-73" . What's the difference? Is the " dart" a reference to an a-body? And the 70-73 b,c -body?

Alright thanks I seen that chart but wasn't sure to follow the "318 70-73" or the "dart 72-73" . What's the difference? Is the " dart" a reference to an a-body? And the 70-73 b,c -body?

I just picked the ones with Dart next to them because it's an a-body...

The other ones the right side is the same, but different casting number for them left side. Maybe those are for C, B & E bodies....

Oh alright yea that's the only explanation I can think of also. Well thanks again krazykuda

Disclaimer: I am not an expert on all things MOPAR.

The numbers posted above are correct for my 72 Dart Swinger, I just checked them.

The difference in casting number is likely because the left side, drivers side, is inverted and a special part for the A body. The B body I'm assuming has more room and thus doesn't need the special inverted manifold.

The pistons I pulled out of my engine all had the rings froze up on the drivers side bank of pistons, all of the rings on the p side were freely moving. Too much heat because of the inverted manifold.

I have a perfect set that will not go back on this car as long as I own it.

-
Back