727 assessment

-

MomsDuster

Reaction score
Ok let me start by saying I fully understand no-one can say definitively weather it's goods or not just from pictures. I bought this along with a bundle of other 440 parts. I was told it was a fresh rebuilt TCI Streetfighter 727. I took him at his word and picked it along with a load of other parts. I'm getting ready to install it in the Duster and decided to pull the pan and take a peek. To my untrained eye, it looks fresh to me. So my thinking is I'm going to stuff it in and see what happens. I figure what the heck, I'd only be out some fluid and time if it needs work and I have to yank it back out. Here are some pics, what do you folks think?

IMG_2966.JPG

IMG_2967.JPG

IMG_2968.JPG

IMG_2969.JPG

IMG_2970.JPG

IMG_2971.JPG

I'm nearly positive TCI applies one of their large stickers to the bellhousing. It looks like there's masking tape wrapped around the front cooler fitting to keep dirt out. I can't imagine a professional place like TCI doing something like that because plastic caps only cost about a quarter. Nevertheless it does look nice and clean like it's been gone through

I'm nearly positive TCI applies one of their large stickers to the bellhousing. It looks like there's masking tape wrapped around the front cooler fitting to keep dirt out. I can't imagine a professional place like TCI doing something like that because plastic caps only cost about a quarter. Nevertheless it does look nice and clean like it's been gone through
Thanks for the reply, yes I believe your correct in that TCI wasn't the last inside this trans. I believe it was a TCI that has been gone through. Here is a pic from the top.

IMG_2976.JPG

-
Back