727 help???????

-

you

Reaction score
whats the best way to determine if a 727 is for a b.b or a s.b. any one have a site where i can docode a mid 80s to prsent trans. thanks for any help

no hurry but really appreciate it. ive been tryn to decode this damn thing for days. cant find anything that goes above early 80s. im puttin it behind a 360. i jst read a s.b is 7.25 and a bb is 6.50 between the top 2 bolts. sound rite? i also noticed thers a top center bolt hole in the block but nothin top center of the trans (bare w me this is my fist resto l.o.l) there is a square indent left of center on the trans. thanks for any help

Mid 80s wont be a big block unit... they went away in '78. Lockup units have a different step on the input shaft for the convertor's clutch. Post a pic of the input shaft...

............A bb will have 4 1/4 in bolt holes along the bottom half of the bell to attach the inspection cover, the sb will have 3 1/4 in along with 2 7/16in bolts as they also have support brackets from the trans to the engine............kim..

Crazy Question, but what did Mopar consider a small block? 318 or a 400? So I'm assuming then a 383 and above would be a big block.

-
Back