-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
morning fellows

took the duster out for a 30 mile cruise yesterday
did a few burnouts, hit some back roads

then i noticed, the car does not like to stay in 3rd
it seems to want to hold 2nd longer then it used to, and when it does get into 3rd it kicks down as soon as i get past 1/8th throttle

it didnt used to do this, so what changed?

the car has a lokar kickdown cable on it but that doesnt look like it got out of adjustment

then i realized, the only thing that changed is my transmission mount
i replaced a broken one with a brand new one, and it feels like that lifted the transmission by 2 inches

could that have been it?

Maybe. The trans got moved around, and the cable too, so something is off. I always preferred the factory linkage. Easy to adjust, and always stays where you set it.

morning fellows

took the duster out for a 30 mile cruise yesterday
did a few burnouts, hit some back roads

then i noticed, the car does not like to stay in 3rd
it seems to want to hold 2nd longer then it used to, and when it does get into 3rd it kicks down as soon as i get past 1/8th throttle

it didnt used to do this, so what changed?

the car has a lokar kickdown cable on it but that doesnt look like it got out of adjustment

then i realized, the only thing that changed is my transmission mount
i replaced a broken one with a brand new one, and it feels like that lifted the transmission by 2 inches

could that have been it?
Re-adjust your cable. It's set too tight.

That could have been it, try re adjusting your kickdown cable. Sounds like something changed there like the kick down cable is not returning, especially if you have it fastened to the body somewhere creating a pinch point.

Here is a picture of a factory kickdown linkage. If the Green return spring was missing it would act the same way your's is acting.

Want to make sure that slider arm is all the way forward at an idle, and not a gap there with like the kickdown linkage/rod/cable pushed back already.
Edelbrock Mopar.jpg

-
Back