1. sorewrist1

sorewrist1 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    8:49 AM
    I have a 727 behind a 360 in a swinger. The trans was just rebuilt by a tranny guy I trust. Its been sitting a couple months as I had to replace a heater core. I took it out yesterday and backed it out to the street put it in drive and when it got to 5 mph the back tires locked. The idle came down and it moved again to 5 mph and the back tires locked again. I went home put the rear on jack stands. I started it up put it in manual 1st no lock Put it in manual 2nd lock. Idle comes down and the wheels spin again. Drive same thing locked. A couple of things to add. when I first put the trans back in Reverse blew in a couple minuets. A little piece of metal 1X3/4X 1/8 that the reverse band pivots on broke in half. Replaced that and got reverse back but had to put it in drive first to get reverse to fully engage. Trans guy says pull it out and I'll take a look at it. any ideas before I do that thanks guys

2. lkopaska

lkopaska FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    Yep pull it out, rev band locked on , locking rear tires on 1-2 up shift.
    Lon

• Agree Agree x 1
    • RustyRatRod

RustyRatRod I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday. FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      9:49 AM
      Sounds like maybe he adjusted the reverse band too tight. Had it happen myself. The shop even pulled it went back through it and put it back in at no charge.....and it was originally a bench job. Good luck. Sounds like he's gonna fix it. I agree with him, I think it's gotta come back out.

• sorewrist1

sorewrist1 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      thanks guys will pull it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.