727 manual vb

-

Cuda416

Reaction score
Might be getting a 727 that was used on the track and has a manual valve body installed. Possible 4 pinion planetary etc. price is good so if nothing else it will be something to build next winter or the whenever i get relly bored and decide to learn about rebuilding a transmission.

Generally speaking, are manual valve bodies too much of a pain for street? Is switching back to full auto just a simple switch from a donor?

-=C

Hey Cuda416,

I've been driving my Duster with a RMVB/727 since 2011 and enjoy it. No low band apply so no burnouts in 1st gear or 1st gear engine braking for me. But I really do enjoy it. Being able to start in 2nd gear when getting caught in a few surprise rain falls proved helpful. Looking at CRT's RMVB w/low band apply which would be nice. That said, there is something to be said for full auto, get in and drive mode as well. Though I'll be sticking with a MVB.

Be well,
Pat

I have a RMVB in one of my cars and I love it. I installed a bolt in sprag and got a valve body from Cope racing that has low band apply. Once you get used to driving the reverse valve body its no big deal. The biggest concern with this particular valve body is not to shift back into low until the car is pretty much stopped. If you do the back tires will lock up instantly and you risk shredding the guts out of the trans.
Its real fun to drive, really barks second gear....it hits HARD.
I ran a turbo action RMVB back in the 90's. It was cool but I think the cope VB is much better.
Just think of it as a manual transmission that you don't have to clutch.

I put a Cope RMVB in my car a few months ago. I love it for the most part. But its annoying when I want to cruise with my arm out the window and I have to shift it.

I have had them in several cars. even sprung for one with 1st gear apply/engine braking in my valiant ( slant 6 ) figuring I would need 1st gear more with this application.

If you want to switch back to an auto shift VB, make sure the govenor is complete & assembled. Many MVBs require the removal of the weight & valve inside the govenor.

I have been using them since the eighties, even in daily drivers. My wife even had me put one in her satellite, I love them.

Generally speaking, are manual valve bodies too much of a pain for street? Is switching back to full auto just a simple switch from a donor?

-=C
Gotta be less of a pain then an actual manual.

-
Back