727 reving

-

ram250098

69 Barracuda
Reaction score
I got a quick question for a buddy of mine. He has a 360 727 combo and tells me he car drive the car fine around town, but when he accelerates quickly the goes but won't kick down. I assume the kick down linkage, but could it be the bands in the tranny itself? I heard you can remove the linkage at the tranny and see if it shifts that way, but won't that hurt the trans with no line pressure?
Thanks

If it doesn't kick down it's the kickdown linkage. Just needs adjusted. I set them up so when the carb is at wide open throttle the linkage is pushed back as far as it'll go. If it hangs in gears too long before it shifts back off a turn at a time until you get it where you like it.

Your right not to unhook the kickdown linkage cause it'll trash the trans. real fast. Anyway doing that would make it shift real quick and never have kick down so I'm not sure why anybody would ever want to do that. Makes no sense at all!

Thanks for the advice I will pass it on, I know he has messed with the linkage but maybe I will swing by and have a boo, I really didn't like the idea of unhooking the linkage.
Thanks again fishy

-
Back