727 selector seal

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Ok Tomorrow I plan on ordering my Trans go TF2 shift kit,found a tranny shop that will get it for me.So whan the VB is out I need to replace the selector seal. Now is there 2 seals,selector seal and kick down seal or does the selector seal seal booth.I replaced the front pump seal last year,what outher seals should be replaced when the kit is being installed.I have a tranny tech friend that is going to do the work for me.So I need to know just what to order.Thanks all.:cheers:pS he says If I got the B&M kit go else were.

There is the main selector shaft seal that's driven into the case and there's a small seal on the valve body linkage that seals the selector shaft and throttle pressure linkage shaft so there is 2 seals total. When installing a shift kit you only drop the pan and take out the valve body so those 2 seals and the pan seal are the only seals that can be replaced without taking more stuff apart. Sounds like a smart guy avoiding the B&M kit. I have used them in the past but quit using them about 15 yrs. ago cause their so inconsistent. Sometimes you install one and it works ok and the next one you do it doesn't work right. I had one that overlapped so bad it nearly trashed the transmission before I could get around to taking it back out. In less than 2000 miles the pan had a bunch of clutch/band friction material.

-
Back