727/shift kit/fluid???

-

whitey

Reaction score
I have a 727, bought an extra valve body & put in a TF-2 kit from TransGo.
This is to be a performance street car w/ a 360 Magnum & 8.75 w/3.73 gears.
My question is could/should I add a 5.0 lever and would anyone recommend Royal Purple trans fluid? :?: :scratch:

Hi whitey,

I wouldn't recommend the 5.0:1 2nd gear apply lever, as this can plague the 2-3 shift, where the 2nd gear band may have a slower release or "drag" the band. Thus, creating shift overlap on the 2-3 shift. We use the 3.8 or 4.2 lever.

On the fluid, I would recommend a quality Dex III, like Mopar's ATF+3. I personally haven't had a chance to use Royal Purple's line of transmission fluids. Hope this helps.

Good luck with your project! :thumleft:

Chris

How about the TF-2, does any one have it in their 727? How does it run..hard, too uncomfortable for passengers, etc?

Thanks for the info guys, appreciate it!!!!!

Eric

I use Valvoline ATF type FA 8) I`ve been using it in my TF for over 20 years and never had a problem and I get firm shifts. I passed on the
5:0-1 lever.

whitey said:
How about the TF-2, does any one have it in their 727? How does it run..hard, too uncomfortable for passengers, etc?

Thanks for the info guys, appreciate it!!!!!

Eric

I'm running the TF-2...I like the shifts. I've had a B&M kit in my TF before and 2-3 shifts weren't very crisp. I can scratch rubber 1-2 and 2-3 now. Crisp, but not jarring shifts....I like it.

I ran a TF-3 wich is the full manual version. It shifted great. Not to hard but nice and firm.

-
Back