727 trans.?

-

mr.318

Reaction score
i just bought a 360 and 727 trans. and noticed the harmonic balancer on the 360 is like my 318 i was told i couldn't use the 360 torqeconverter on the 318 because the 318 is internalbalance and 360 is external balance now i found out the 360 came both ways internal and external so will it bolt up to my 318 ? i know the driveshaft has to be shorten what other problems am i facing stallconverters are so much cheaper for the 727"S

then how come mancini,summit,jegs all sell balancers for internal or external 360's? ihad a 72 360 which had an all steel balancer this one has the balancer with the rubber in it i'm not saying your wrong because what you said is what i always thought to but why do they offer the balancer either way?

I can't say for sure why they say that but I assume it is if you wanted to have a shop internally balance a 360 you would have to use an internally (neutral) balanced damper. Don't believe everthing a parts house tells you, they did not build the motors.

Chuck

guess if i buy a converter for a 318 an 727 i'd be okay right i might not even do it,if i do it'll be later anyway

-
Back